“Red Robin Gourmet Burgers”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #72 of 143 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: American
Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Red Robin Gourmet Burgers”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have spent much of my life, since early adolescence, searching for wonderful cheeseburgers. By the time I got to high school, I had subsisted (while dining out) on cheese burgers & french fried shrimp. So, it takes a lot to impress me. This was my third or fourth trip to RR, and had my oldest daughter, her husband, two grandchildren & my wife along. Our server (Jeff?), was incredibly busy, but stayed on top of us, subject to our every whim. (With 6 & 9 year-old kids, we can sometimes be a little trying, you know. I won't go into what we all had, ( the kids were happy with mac& cheese, and chicken strips), while the rest of us had burgers. My daughter & I both like spicy, and they had 3 or 4 choices that all sounded great. We asked (Jeff?) which was the hottest, and I picked his number one, my daughter number two. Now keep in mind that I have been a quest for great burgers for probably close to 60 years, and I was totally satisfied. Everyone else loved their food, too. One important testimonial: my daughter is a very health conscious family practice physician, who, for her own self-discipline, has limited herself to "one cheeseburger per month." After our recent visit to Red Robin she said, "Maybe I'll have to change that to one every week or two!" Nuff said? We will certainly be back, and I even joined their Red Robin's Red Royalty program.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Dan C

Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Red Robin”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had our first experience on a late Friday night and had the restaurant to ourselves. We were seated close by the bar and our server was the bartender. She wasn’t overly friendly, but friendly enough and was timely. Our burgers came out right away, we took our first bits, and we just fell in love with Red Robin, YUM. On our second visit we had a wonderful server! Didn’t catch his name, but he was very personable and knowledgeable, he even set us up with our Red Robin cards. Overall, this location has great service and great food.

• Visited February 2013
Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
“Fabulous service & great food!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

It would be hard to find a place with friendlier service. We received the best starting from when we were first greeted upon arrival at the door up until we left after finishing our meal. Our server was especially attentive keeping drink glasses filled without the need to ask. The kitchen prepared and delivered our burgers hot and fast.

• Visited March 2013
Round Lake, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for families!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This was the perfect choice for our family. The menu has a variety of foods besides burgers. I love that the kids meals have several healthy side options such as carrots, broccoli, apples, and mandarin oranges. Our kids loved it!

Chicago, Illinois
“What's in name...”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Frankly, I had high hope. Maybe too high. I went to Gurnee location. It was on Sunday and the place was practically empty. Only 3 or 4 tables were occupied. Yet, we were told to wait. So, we waited. After 5 minutes we were led to our table. Filthy. The apologetic hostess asked the bus staff to clean up. So, we waited another 5 minutes until the bus staff finally showed up with a wet, dirty rag and wipe the table and the seat down. Another 5 minutes for the dirty water to dry out so that we could seat down... Then, the long wait came. We finally waived a passing waitress to take our orders. She told us that she would send OUR waiter. Few minutes later, the waiter showed up and cheerfully asked what we wanted to drink. The drinks came out quickly. The waiter told us that he would be back to take our order. Then, he disappreared. Ten minutes later, we began to get worried, so we flagged down another waiter to find out missing waiter. He showed up to cheerfully take our order. Up to this point, we have not gotten our silverware. I reminded the waiter of the fact. Almost 15 minutes later, we got our food. I guess the waiter decided that we didn't need silverwares. He didn't bring any. So, another reminder. Wait... Flagging a passing waitress... Wait... More wait... Finally, the silverware. Oops!! There are three of us. Only two settings. So, another reminder to bring one more set. Wait... Flag... Wait... More wait... Ah, the missing extra setting... We asked for more napkins. In fact, lots of napkins. Wait... Flag... Wait... Flag another waitress... Wait... More wait... Flag another waiter... Wait... More wait... Flag the same waitress... Wait... Wait...More wait... Ah, napkins... All 2 of them. Three people, two napkins... So, I asked for more napkins. Here we go again... Wait...etc. We were done with food when we finally got more napkins. All two...

For me, the term "Gourmet" conjures up something good and tasty. Even uncommon or rare. Their hamburget was anything but. Their 1/3 pounder seems much smaller than a third pounder from other restaurant. It was definitely greasy. Not juicy, just greasy. Serious quality issue here. Their infamous steak fries were cold, dry and tasteless. Apparently, cheap frozen fries that were deep fried hours before and left out cold for hours. The chicken sandwich was not any better. In fact, it was so dry, my daughter had hard time swallowing. She was washing every bite down with her drink.

The only "Gourmet" part is the price. As far as the price is concerned, they are five stars all the way.

• Visited September 2012