“Best Mexican Food in the Area”

Tacos El Norte Gurnee
Ranked #88 of 145 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We've been to many Mexican restaurants in the area over the years and we always come back to Tacos El Norte. It's the best food for the best price and this location in particular has great atmosphere. We dine here regularly and would miss it dearly if it went away.

There are newer reviews for Tacos El Norte Gurnee

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This restaurant is one that my family and I have eaten at since we've lived up here in Gurnee, IL. We really enjoy the food and the authentic servers. If you ever need to practice your Spanish this is a great place to do it because the staff on a the whole all speak Spanish and are good at what they do. I thoroughly enjoy eating here because the portion sizes are nice sized and my kids like it.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I ordered camarones a la diabla, got six small flavorless shrimp with very little rice and beans, for $14 totally not worth it. The flan was good but not for $4.50 overall if the food would of been good I wouldn't mind paying, but the bud was not good next time I'm going to ranchito michuacano they are expensive but so worth it, I had to get up and pay at the bar because waitress disappeared towards the end and I wasn't even asked how was everything! Never recommending or coming back, tacos el Norte take better care of your customers,!!!!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Never a bad choice for lunch or dinner. Excellent selections on the menu and the waitstaff is very friendly. Always my favorite quality of a good restaurant is they are willing to adapt the dish to one's taste and make substitutions. Great place to bring guests.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

The food here is beyond comparison. Anybody complaining about this place needs to stay home in bed because they dont know what value is. Their food is NEVER cold, the drinks are as good as any and the service is above excellent. I have eaten, both in the restaurant and as a take out, many, many times and have never been disappointed. Try the Delabo (spelled that wrong) sauce, the hot stuff, it will burn the hairs on your chest.
Just a classy place that serves the best Mexican food within a hundred miles of Gurnee.

1  Thank Tom M