“We Both Got Diarrhea”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Food tasted okay, but within an hour both of us got diarrhea (unfortunately while we went antiquing right after eating). Never again.

There are newer reviews for Tacos El Norte Gurnee

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Tacos El Norte serves up delicious Mexican food. The service is horrible though! Every time my husband and I go there, we vow to never return, but it is close to home and so tasty that we always end up going back. If you order a drink from the bar, the waitress has to write up a ticket every time, which causes a delay. Be prepared to wait at least 15 minutes from when you order a drink to get it, whether it is a drink from the bar or simply a refill on water or soda. It seems that once they drop off your food, they completely forget about you. The servers are no where to be seen when you need something. The servers also do not take care of any payments, which means that they all go through one central register. If you know you are not going to order anything else, ask for your check ASAP. It will take about 10 minutes to get the bill, another 10 for the server to come over and take your payment, and then who knows how long to get it processed if you use a card. We have waited 25 minutes on several occasions to get the card back and the slips to sign for the payment on. Overall, the food is amazing, but it is a true disappointment at how terrible the service is.

1  Thank firedancer8780
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We've been to many Mexican restaurants in the area over the years and we always come back to Tacos El Norte. It's the best food for the best price and this location in particular has great atmosphere. We dine here regularly and would miss it dearly if it went away.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This restaurant is one that my family and I have eaten at since we've lived up here in Gurnee, IL. We really enjoy the food and the authentic servers. If you ever need to practice your Spanish this is a great place to do it because the staff on a the whole all speak Spanish and are good at what they do. I thoroughly enjoy eating here because the portion sizes are nice sized and my kids like it.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I ordered camarones a la diabla, got six small flavorless shrimp with very little rice and beans, for $14 totally not worth it. The flan was good but not for $4.50 overall if the food would of been good I wouldn't mind paying, but the bud was not good next time I'm going to ranchito michuacano they are expensive but so worth it, I had to get up and pay at the bar because waitress disappeared towards the end and I wasn't even asked how was everything! Never recommending or coming back, tacos el Norte take better care of your customers,!!!!