“Love it!”

Dining options: Lunch
Illinois
“Love it!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've been here four times now, and Tina's is simply marvelous. My husband and I met here recently for lunch, and it was very good. Delicious aromas greet you the second you step in the door.
The pesto spread for the bread is light and flavorful. His eggplant parmigian was tasty with the perfect tomato sauce accompanying it. The breading was very light and thin, which I liked; I do not typically like breaded foods, but this was light enough to please me.
My spinach salad was fresh and crisp, and I had it with their house dressing instead of the honey mustard. I recommend that slight change, as the house dressing is light, and they don't put it on too heavily. My spinach leaves weren't drowning or limp. Just fantastic!
The restaurant was very busy, as this was a Friday at noon, so we had to wait for a table for about 20 minutes. When we were the next people in line to be seated, they took our order. As a result, our food came out quickly, and we didn't have to wait long for the food. I was ready to dig in, so I didn't mind at all and didn't feel rushed.
The service was prompt and unobtrusive.
Because it's a small space, the tables are close together and rather cramped. We wish that Tina's would either move to a larger venue or open up a second location, or both. We also would love to see them offer dinner hours with pasta entrees. In short, we want more of Tina's!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ZipW

Bloomington, Illinois
“Yum!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a weekday at about 1:30. It was pretty crowded but we managed to find a seat quickly. Everything we had was delicious, we had 3 lasagnas, and 1 Italian sandwich with Parmesan chips. For dessert we had tiramisu which was delicious. An excellent Italian cafe!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RedM813
Marengo, Illinois
“What a surprise.”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Don't let the location and the outside appearance fool you. Tina's is in a strip mall and the outside is plain, nothing special. Step inside and you'll see that Tina's is quite charming. "What a surprise."

We had a party of four and stopped for lunch. We got a table quickly and was served italian bread with olive oil and parmesan. Three of us ordered italian sandwiches served with parmesan potato chips and one ordered lasagna with marinara sauce. Not a single complaint from any of us, the food was awesome. We were sitting right across from the pastry case and we couldn't resist ordering dessert. We ordered homemade bread pudding and cannoli's. The service and staff was great, friendly and attentive. I will be back...I'm looking forward to it.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank sos78
Racine, Wisconsin
“Always a winner”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Owned and managed by Tina herself. Authentic Italian food prepared in a beautiful and tasty manner with fresh ingredients. Every meal is great. Good selection for vegetarians, too. Do not leave without having dessert or taking something home from the fantastic selections of Italian cookies and desserts. The nice touch is Tina graciously thanking you for coming in.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank BridgetOzzie
Crown Point, Indiana
“A real delight in Gurnee!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stopped in Tina's for lunch. Had quite an extensive sandwich menu along with some Italian pasta favorites. My husband had the sausage and meatball entree w/peppers, which was very good. Their italian sausage was delicious. I ordered the shell pasta, it was done just right. Comes along with a fresh green salad. Their focaccia bread and tiramisu is like none other! We enjoyed it so much, we took home a small tray of cookies...which I must say were delicious! Prices were about average, $10 for entree not including drinks or dessert.

• Visited November 2012