“Wisconsin 2014”

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #82 of 142 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chandler, Arizona
“Wisconsin 2014”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We ate here for breakfast one morning while staying next door at the Comfort Inn. They have good deals for breakfast and the food was yummy. Would eat here again if in the area.

Visited June 2014

Elgin, Illinois, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Running Errands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We will often stop for lunch because the restaurants are convenient and the service is quick. We usually all get the steak burgers, which are very good,
The shakes are excellent.
We are not big fans of the soups, and there are not many choices to pick from.

Visited May 2014
Oxford, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have not eaten here in years, but the kids wanted to try it. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the choices and proces.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Long Lines”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Steak n' Shake has such great food, but i'm going to have to give this location 2 stars. The wait is horrible around the "4th meal" hour. Dine in, take out, and drive thru. We waited about an hour in the drive thru to get our food, but it did come with a free shake for waiting!

If you don't mind the wait, the Chicago style hot dog is amazing!

• Visited July 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I'd never been to a Steak 'n Shake before, but my daughter and husband wanted to go and raved about the food.
The atmosphere was bright & cheery - neon, open kitchen, etc. However, the flip menu on our table was so dirty that pages were stuck together and there were fingerprints all over the base.

When I went to use the restroom to wash my hands, it was filthy. The floor was dirty, the stainless steel had "drip trails", the door itself was grimey; I didn't feel any cleaner after I washed up than before.

When my food arrived, the underside rim of my plate had 3 large (the size of a quarter) smears of dried yellow something (mustard, cheese??) that had clearly been baked on - probably in the dishwasher's dry cycle. It was gross.

I asked for a clean plate, the server apologized profusely and put my same meal on a different plate.

Never again will I dine at a Steak 'n Shake. It's too bad too, because my family really like it there.

The malt was delicious!