“HORRIBLE ending to our visit”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I must say first, that I always try to look on the positive side of every experience. However, this time, I am completely disappointed in this establishment.
When we arrived here on Sunday, July 13, 2014, at 630 PM, it was the last day that I got to spend with my son before he returned to base for further training for the Navy. He had graduated bootcamp on Friday and we had driven from Texas to visit over the weekend.
Anyway, we left Six Flags early so that he could eat at his favorite place… OLIVE GARDEN, before he returned to base. Upon arrival, we had a 30 minute wait, which was fine. As we were being seated, I asked the host if he could let our waiter know in private that it was my son's birthday, so that we could have a little treat for him and sing Happy Birthday to him. He said "YES!", and it was all set… SO I THOUGHT!
We sat there for 10 minutes before a very friendly waiter came to our table and thanked us for our wait and took our drink order. We gave our ENTIRE order to him including our appetizers, which NEVER came by the way, hoping to speed things up. NO HOPE! 10 minutes later we finally got drinks and then another 30 went by before we got our entrees.. NO APPETIZERS! By that time, I was anxiously awaiting the birthday song… NEVER CAME! At 845 PM, I finally had to track down our waiter and ask for the check because I had to have my son back to base by 930!
So, what was suppose to be a great FUN evening for my son before he went back to training and we left to come back to Texas, ended up being a very disappointing experience.
I will give ONE STAR, as the food was good, but it is hard for me to even do that.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not that I was expecting authentic Italian fare, but perhaps the preparation could have been better executed. I feel that the food here has been microwaved...It tastes a bit bland. I do enjoy the endless salad and breadsticks.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Olive Garden is not a convenient stop for us, but we often go out of our way for the food! The soups, salads, and bread sticks are so good (with unlimited refills) that we tend to be full before the entrees even arrive. The entrees are delicious, and there are usually new dishes to try every time we go.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had their usual salad which was made of very fresh veggies and the dressing was just fantastic! Had the spicy buffalo wings which was superb! One of the best i have tasted so far. I had it with rice which i noticed was too much carb because they served their own bread (i dont know what they call it), which pretty much goes with everything. I also tasted their pasta with white sauce (alfredo or carbonara??) which was also wonderful. I wanted to try a lot more in their menu but sadly it was just me and my sister so didn't want to order too much. The few food that i have tasted indeed were fantastic. They get to be very busy so allot time for service. The pink lemonade was yummy!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Service was great even after a party of 5 grew to a party of 8! Great service! Was able to enjoy time with family.