“Nice, clean accomodations. Friendly staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
North Carolina
“Nice, clean accomodations. Friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

The first impression I got from the staff at the HI in Gurnee, Il was highly positive and it set the tone for my entire stay. I had an early arrival flight into Chicago so called the HI to ask if I could check in early. I was going to ask for a noon check in but they exceeded my expectations and said I could drive on up from Chicago and check in when I arrived. It was about 10:30 a.m.

The hotel property was clean and well maintained, both inside and out. Grounds were well kept. Check in was a breeze (Hilton Honors member) and the staff was exceptionally courteous, professional and friendly.

The room was just what you desire and expect from a HI - clean, well maintained and cozy. There were no signs of housekeeping inattention anywhere. Linens were clean and it was obvious the room had been dusted and vacuumed.

The HI breakfast was OK, as I have found in almost all HIs. The only real complaint I have about them is the poor tasting orange juice. I think I recently reviewed a HI that was the exception so don't be surprised if the OJ doesn't taste like what you have at home. All the other food was well prepared, fresh and tasty. The hostesses were friendly and courteous. I always tip them to show my appreciation.

I always know what to expect at a HI and was not disappointed but instead pleasantly surprised at how accommodating the staff was to my early check in request. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: This property is near a huge mall and many restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bwt1951

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Green Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Very nice high traffic hotel. The hotel was very well kept and clean. The room was fresh and modern. The desk staff was nice and great with directions. There was milk available 24 hours whic was nice when traveling with a baby who still takes a bottle at night. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Carrie4200
Foster City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We didn't realize how close this is to the amusement park and with the end of the summer the number of student groups that would be at the hotel. Personnel worked hard to keep up with the demands of the groups but were a bit overwhelmed. Property seems a little worn down but for one night it was fine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We have stayed here in the past and find it very convinient for access to both Great America and Gurnee Mills outlet mall, lots of good restaraunts near by. The rooms are nice, very clean and pool and deck area is fair sized and very soothing after a sweltering day at Great America.
The buffet breakfast is OK,good selection of cereals and a couple of hot items. Close by is a Starbucks, Olive Garden and right across form the parking lot is a Golden corral.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Traveller13Calgary
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We just completed a two night stay. I will begin with I am disappointed that I did not clearly read or understand that a double room is that. I find it difficult for three star hotels not to offer larger beds. I will take the blame for this.

What I really did not like about the room was the micro sink outside of the bathroom. It was 18 inches wide if that!! Very small and no room for your toiletries at all.

The room was clean and I will give the staff a gold star for service. Being a Hilton Honors member and now seeking out Hampton Inns I expect a certain level and this hotel really missed the mark.

This hotel is very convenient to Six Flags. There are other hotels in the area as well and I will check them out on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had an excellent two-night stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially as we'd gotten in earlier than expected. (We forgot about the time change.) There was always coffee in the lobby available, and my children enjoyed some fruit. The hotel was very clean and the staff was more than friendly and accommodating. They did a great job of handling quick breakfast turnover as well. The location also can't be beat, and there were numerous options for eating within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank livmass
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

We love Hampton Inns. The staff here was kind and courteous but the hotel needs some detail help. Our bathroom door would not close, the beds are the small and very hard. The internet went out the first night and was not fixed. Their breakfast staff did a good job and the place was decently clean. They did give us a small restaurant gift card for our troubles when I told them about our door.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family