“Great stay at the Hampton”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Sandy Springs, Georgia
“Great stay at the Hampton”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I enjoyed our stay at the Hampton. I chose this location because my son was graduating from Navy boot camp. Although I wanted to be near the camp, I did not want to feel overwhelmed by being in a hotel that was filled to the brim with the families of almost 800 grads. The Hampton was not in Great Lakes, but very close by and provided the breathing room my family needed. The hotel decor was current and attractive. The rooms were clean and comfy. Overall, the hotel was maintained very well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NishaSivad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Very clean and up to date, great staff. The loby area feels very inviting and relaxing, the rooms are great for work when I need to and the beds are VERY comfortable. I visit Gurnee, IL often for business and ONLY stay here!

Room Tip: The morning breakfast is very good. There isn't an attached restraurant, but there are several...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brian D
Jackson, TN
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was friendly. I will stay at the Hampton again. I definitely recommend this hotel. You get a lot for the price. The location is great although it's a little difficult getting out from the hotel back on grand avenue. The beds are very comfortable. Overall everything was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SamuelS158
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Waukegan area. The hotel is clean, well maintained and comfortable. The only problem I had was with a vending machine! The staff was helpful and kind, and we were there with a group of 72 teenagers!! The facilities were adequate for our needs, and nearby restaurants were very accommodating and reasonably priced. Great time, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: some of the rooms were equipped with microwaves and fridges, you may want to check into that if you...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bemidjimom
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Famines from our swim team stayed here while competing in the senior champ meet. The location is fabulous. The staff gave us late checkout so the girls could rest before finals. This is our 2nd year here and I am sure we will be back again

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Suzycuev
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member and stay at multiple Hilton branded properties in my weekly travels.
I had to make a detour and stay here at this Hampton Inn due to an incoming snowstorm in the Chicago area.
First the plusses....The property itself is in a great location...right off of I-94 and Grand on the far north side of Chicagoland between Chicago and Milwaukee.
There are many dining and shopping options within 1 mile of the property including Timmy O Tooles Irish bar which is right in front of the building.
The negatives are the same as have already been mentioned in other reviews... Small, dated rooms, miniscule bathrooms, and an almost unusable internet connection.
I have to connect to my companies VPN for work and the broadband at this hotel simply does not support the bandwidth needed. I regularly stay at Hampton Inns out in the mountains of West Virginia that have better internet service than here.
I can't recommend this property to any other Hilton Honors business traveler members based on its higher than average price for the area and its poor broadband infrastructure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Drab, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed of our Wi-Fi connection. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another opportunity of staying with us if you are ever around our area.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The heating system was aimed directly at the work desk, blowing a constant stream of air across the desk. I asked if there was a deflector available but there wasn't. Also the noise was constant and as long as the system was turned on, the air blew, often cold air.

After 5:00 pm the internet became very slow, often to the point of lack of connectivity. I called the front desk and asked about it and was told that when the hotel was full, the internet didn't work well. I guess they expect the hotel not to be booked.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Drab, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us. I truly apologize if your A/C unit was not working properly and that it constantly blew air across your desk and also of the connection issue with our internet. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance crew to resolve this issue. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our in-property experience. If you have any questions you can reach me at 847-662-1100.

Again, I apologize you went through any inconveniences and hope that you will consider staying with us next time you are in town.