“Room very clean and comfortable”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 27 September 2013

While traveling in the area found room clean and comfortable. The breakfast and breakfast area was also very well kept and a great way to start the day. When in the Gurnee IL area we would recommend this hotel/motel

1  Thank Carrie O
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is tough review to write because (1) I typically don’t write bad reviews unless something was really awful and (2) besides the bug issue we had, our stay was nice at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location, easy to locate, conveniently located by many restaurants, gas station, coffee shop, etc. It’s a nice area of town. The hotel is also a great value (pricewise) and it’s a Hampton. The customer service at the front desk was great – both the evening and morning staff were very outgoing and friendly. My disappointments however… The hotel only has 2 bed double rooms (we stayed in room 326). Minor inconvenience as we have grown accustomed to Queen Size rooms. This was my oversight on bed size; I should have caught it when I made my reservation. Lesson learned. The biggest issue we had however was bug bites. Both my daughter and I awoke the next morning to bites all over our ankles. My husband and other daughter however were fine. They are raised, red bite marks that resemble mosquito bites but smaller, and itch like crazy ~ even 2 days later! I don’t know if it came from the hotel but we both woke up with them and we have no idea where else they would have come from. And No~ we didn’t mention anything when we checked out because we got up and left very early and our ankles didn’t start itching and turning red until we were already a couple hours out of town.

1  Thank Ladyisred
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The rooms were wonderful. The meeting room was very warm, and the staff was not very helpful on the business end of things as far as hosting an event in the meeting room. I was not able to get in touch with the group sales employee the entire week prior to our arrival. The location was super for what we wanted. There are several restaurants and activities in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice Hampton Inn in excellent location in Gurnee across from Six Flags. Rooms are very nice and amenities are good. Breakfast is also good but because of the size of the hotel, it may be difficult to get everything because of the number of guests (example waffles).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I can't recommend. One day was removed from my bill, both days were not satisfactory, but still charged for the one day. Asked to speak to a Manager - was told no Manager was on duty! Best part of my stay was the check-in - it was pretty much downhill from that point on.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mike_Drab, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We are quite concerned whenever our guests are less than 100 percent satisfied with their stay and always try to make it right when a problem arises. Clearly your stay was not up to the standards we have set for ourselves, nor what our guests have come to expect.

I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. In regards to your comments about the lack of hot water---we're currently fixing this issue. In fact, our maintenance crew is working on addressing the concerns you brought up in your review.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Mike Drab

Reviewed 14 September 2013

There is nothing remarkable about the staff or location. It's near a highway but miles away from many places you probably want to be. The room was dirty and the bedspread was stained. I was too tired to deal with it but otherwise, the hotel is ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guest and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I met with the houskeeping team members to ensure this does not occur again in the future. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely appologize and hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. Please contact me directly to further discuss your stay.

Mike Drab

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Very clean hotel. Friendly and helpful staff.?Room was quiet. Linens were comfy. Lots of pillows. Air conditioning worked great. Well located. There is a great ice cream parlor out front if you want a treat while you stay.

1  Thank Laura B