“Super clean and nice breakfast”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay was super clean and fresh in fact I forgot my tooth paste and went down stairs they gave me one for free that made me so happy. And I was able to use my AAA discount very nice trip we had for business. Will come back one day really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria A

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I wish I could remember the name of the sweet girl that greeted us upon arrival. We came into town a little late and she was kind on the phone as well as in person. Also, when we checked out of the hotel the gentleman who was working the desk was very helpful in giving directions. I had a great stay with the Hampton! Friendly staff! Clean rooms! And great location! They even recommended great places to eat within walking distance!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Elizabeth E
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Clean, comfy room and very courteous staff. Best shopping malls are in the area, Gurnee Mills and Premium outlets stores. Restaurants in the area are Olive Garden, Red Robin, Baker's Square, Golden Corral, Toshi (Japanese), Royal Thai (Thai), Joe's Crab House, Red Lobster, Denny and a lot more. Breakfast included, Stayed for 4 days. Very pleased!

2  Thank carelink5
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I been to other Hamptons and loved them however this one was not at the same level. Their is no indoor pool, fridge nor microwave. The rooms are smaller in comparison too. Breakfast was fabulous and location is great, right in the middle of the mall and Six Flags.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

My nephew was graduating from boot camp & this hotel is close to the Naval Base.
There were many restaurants near the hotel.
Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Ihop, Golden Corral are just a few.
The people working in the hotel are friendly ,professional & helpful.
Breakfast is included & was delicious.
You can have cereal, waffles, eggs with muffins or a bagel.
Our room was clean, & it had a frig & a microwave.
The only problem I had was the bed & pillows were not firm, but were lumpy.
Since I have a bad back I have a sleep number bed at home.
Aside from this I was very pleased with my 4 days in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Situated in the middle of a large parking lot, between a pub, an ice cream parlor, a buffet, and a sushi place this property is either a food-aholics dream come true, or can overwhelm you with the blend of smells.

The staff was very courteous, the room clean and comfortable. A negative hit: I had asked for very quiet room and for the most part it was - but it was also centered over the dumpsters and the trash truck came by at about 3:30AM. The room was not as quiet as I hoped, but it wasn't intolerable. You'd hear the scraping of clothes hangars across the rod from the room next door, and you'd clearly hear the mumble of televisions - luckily the drone of the room heater drowned it out.

Parking can be somewhat troublesome as the common approach in places you in competition with parking for the pub and parlor and signs clearly warn you not to park there if you're a guest of the hotel. So you park down aways and into spots used by two other lodges.

Overall: not bad and definitely on the To Be Considered list for next time.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I am quite loyal to Hampton Inn and Suites and have stayed at many of them. This one was about average for the Hampton Inns, however, the price was very good.

It is quite close to several restaurants and there is a gas station with decent prices across the street.

It is down the street from Gurnee Mills and definitely not walking distance to that shopping area.

The breakfast was the typically good Hampton Inn breakfast. I liked the cookies at night (2 types) as well as the all-day coffee and hot water.

Because I am a Hilton Honors member, I was able to get a very late checkout. The only issue is that the card keys automatically terminate at noon, instead of at checkout time.

I had a good stay and if the price stays at what I paid for it, I would prefer this hotel over others in the area.