“I'd return”

Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
“I'd return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Rooms are fine. Staff is great. Breakfast is very good but might not be free so try to get this included. Lunch/dinner restaurant is pricey. Right across the street from Gurnee Mills shopping mall and many other shops and eateries nearby. Six Flags about 1/2 mile away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mitchmurr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bemidji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed for three nights. Staff was friendly and courteous. Housekeeping quite accomodating. We had our two grandchildren over to use the pool and the pool area is nice sized with swim towels and seating readily available. Lobby, entry and restaurant area combination of music and TV volumes was a bit overpowering. Our room was called a king leisure room. Average sized but the bath was definitely a one person arrangement. Very quite and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I live in the Gurnee area, and did not stay at the hotel, but I did have dinner at the "Spice Restaurant" in the hotel. A hotel is not usually the place I would choose to eat dinner, but my experience at this one was delightful! They have some top-notch chefs preparing the meals at this restaurant and the food is delicious. We started with a cream of onion soup that was out of this world...followed by a plate of pork medallions with mushrooms and grilled vegetables. The pork was tender enough to cut with a fork and melted in my mouth. Everything on the plate was fabulous...and was enough for two.

Their lunch menu, which is limited, also features one side filled with authentic Indian dishes, which I have yet to try. I have no doubt that I will be returning to this little gem in the Gurnee Mills area, laced with so many chain and fast food restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

This Holiday Inn is at a perfect location for a great price. The hotel is very updated with a nice patio and indoor pool. It is also super clean and housekeeping is done promptly when requested. The hotel staff were the nicest and most accommodating that I have ever met, which is saying something since I travel extensively. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer G
Quad Cities
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is a very nice, clean, modern hotel. It is located just off I-94, accross the street from Gurnee Mills Mall and many places to eat (which are within easy walking distance). It is less than a 5 minute drive to Great America. Despite being near all this, the hotel is quiet and peaceful. I had a king room which was very clean and had modern accomodations. The TV could have been a little bigger, but was still ok. Breakfast was good with a nice assortment of hot and cold foods. Also had a nice bar/restaurant and lounge area. Although I did not use it, the pool looked good. I would saty here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We spent one night at this hotel. it's right across from the Gurnee Mills mall at a very bsy intersection. But none of that invades the hotel. It's calm and quiet and tastefully furnsihed. All the staff was nice: the front desk, the housekeeping staff, the waitresses. The bath tub didn't seal properly. I ran a bath with bath salts and was surprised that I couldn't smell any of the essential oils. Well after I turned the water off, I found out why. The water was gurgling away. The ice bucket didn't have a plastic bag - not sure why not. and it would be very nice if the rooms had fridges. The food at the restaurant was good. Both our kids ate free for dinenr and breakfast. The wait staff was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

The hotel itself is very nice: very clean, modern, and updated. However, the clocks in the rooms were not changed to accommodate day light savings time. I noticed and changed mine but my co-worked who was staying in a different room did not realize it and we were late the next morning as a result.The breakfast was good, but NOT free, it cost $10. Also, there was no fridge or drinking water in the room. Again, this is a nice a very nice hotel but to me it's the small things that can make the biggest impact.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gecco2003
Bryan F, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear gecco2003,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay at our property. We agree that the small things are what make the most impact with our guests, and we apologize that we were not able to fully deliver the experience we would have expected you to have. Our guests depend upon us to provide them with the basics, such as the correct time in your room, and we did not deliver this. WI have shared your comments with our team and they will be used in our continuous improvement process at our hotel.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Bryan Fish