“Great level of service!!!”

Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Recently I had an unexpected overnight stay due to weather while flying through O'Hare Intl. Airport in Chicago. Flight was cancelled at midnight and by that time there were NO ROOMS in Chicago. I took a 60 minute cab ride north to Gurnee (they held a room for me). The night manager offered outstanding service and was especially attentive to the fact that I was extremely tired, worn out, and needed to get back to O'Hare early that same morning. He arranged for cab service and I slept for a few hours until my adventure continued. He changed my cab service to an earlier time (I woke up earlier than I expected and figured I better get there quickly). The hotel has been recently remodeled and is quite pleasant. My room was clean and comfortable; quiet too. Aside from being so far north it is a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WillMyWifeGetSick
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for the outstanding comments. I know that was a difficult day for you given the cancellations at O'Hare. I am glad that Tim was able to really take care of you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn for a family function that was held at the hotel. It we centrally located in the area with multiple dining/shopping areas a few minutes away. The hotel itself looked like it was recently renovated. The room was updated and very clean, however, the bathroom was incredibly small and could only fit one person in it at a time (not convenient for getting ready for a party!). I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. Otherwise, the hotel had an adequate breakfast buffet and a tasty on site restaurant. The lobby was big and airy, which got a bit noisy on Saturday night with traffic from the bar area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dp203
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had stayed at this Holiday Inn several years ago and it was old but still clean and nice, but since then the old hotel was leveled and they built a brand new one. It's nice and new and clean! Comfortable beds and nice pillows. Huge parking lot, close to lots of food and some 24 hour, also lots of shopping and outlets close.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JAkles
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We chose this Holiday Inn based on other reviews... We weren't here for the amusement park - just an affordable convenient overnight stay. Maybe we expected the amenities of a Holiday Inn Express but it was disappointing pay over $100. for an extremely small room without so much as a mini fridge or microwave. Nothing scary - nice clean bed - but we would not stay here again. There is plenty of competition just outside the parking lot!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trixi61

So sorry to hear you were disappointed in the rate. We do our best to be competitively priced to the competition but deliver the highest level of service.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here on our road trip for a couple of nights. We arrived early evening, so checked into a room which looked identical to all the other Holiday Inn rooms we stayed at along the way. We then headed to Chicago which was about an hour away in traffic. When I returned I went to the bar, it was close to closing time. I got served by a very surly girl who was quite rude until she realised I wasn't part of the group at the end of the bar who'd obviously had a shandy or two too many. She was then fine, the group however continued to call out to me for the next few minutes until I glared at them and one of them fell off his stool. It was fairly quiet then. Hotel is located great for Six Flags, which we went to the day after. We ate in the restaurant which was fine. Except Jamie had the frogs legs, which seemed a very strange choice considering our location. He didn't like them. I had a burger with half a cow in it, it was great. Overall, unremarkable, but located well for what we wanted.

Room Tip: Keep away from the bar area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Tim-Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that we had the chance to host you recently and that you found our location to be in good proximity to your destination.

It is regrettable that we were not able to meet your expectations when it comes to our restaurant and the level of service provided. I have noted your feedback and rest assured that these will be used to consider improvements needed for us to provide you with better accommodations in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope we have another chance to host you again when you visit the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Attended meeting at the hotel, and check-in effortless, staff very kind and attentive. Beds and room were comfortable and clean, but the noise of the guests was another story. I realize that the staff has little that can be done when people are yelling and talking loudly, but I could not sleep on my last night due to the din. Rooms were made up promptly, and serving staff in the restaurants were efficient. This was a holiday weekend, and perhaps the guests were extra loud due to celebrations, but trying to get some rest was a frustration.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your nice comments on our staff. As to guest noise, we do have all cement walls as well as cement ceilings and floors. We also have staff monitoring the hallways to follow up on guest noise. Our apologies that we were not able to maintain the area where your room was located.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was our first stay with this hotel and we were not sure what to expect. We arrived around noon and were not sure if we could check in.

Brian at the desk was amazing. He assisted us with the early check in and when he learned that we were in the area to do some shopping he took some time to explain about the shopping mall. They also provide shuttle transportation to the mall.

We were on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. Their parking is very convenient. Our 7 years old daughter loved their pool. Overall it was great stay experience!

Thank You Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank zuko1
Stephen M, Manager at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your "Excellent" review. We are always happy to shuttle our guests over to the mall or to Six Flags.