“Close to Bristol Renaissance Faire”

Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Springfield, Illinois
“Close to Bristol Renaissance Faire”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This location was the closest hotel of the available locations in the area for the Renaissance Faire. The hotel is located on the outer road of Gurnee Mills Shopping Center and right along I-94. It was clean and the hotel staff friendly. Check-in was smooth. The overall impression of the lobby was just plain and not what I would call inviting. We reserved a King bed and found the room was surprisingly quite small. I believe this is an older refurbished location. We could hear everyone talking in the rooms next to us. Wasn't that bad, however if you want quiet look elsewhere. More that likely I will look elsewhere on our return trip next year.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WHY157
Dennis M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and for sharing your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

DENNIS MEEK
dennis.meek@pillarhotels.com
(847)855-8868

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location for outlet lovers, it's the Gurnee Mills Outlet mall right across the street. I would give the Outlet mall a five star! In addition, there is another Outlet on the Wisconsin side just 9 miles north. About 10 miles to the east, is the State Beach Park, it's pretty nice for outdoor gatherings and barbecue, also with a great lake view. The hotel itself, looks new. Hotel stuff was nice and friendly. However, the one bed room we stayed was kind of small, not sure about the other rooms. Though I requested a roller bed in my reservation, I didn't get it. I was told it all rented out. The complimentary breakfast was just OK. So, all in all, it's good hotel with a convenient location, especially for shoppers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank qmyz
Dennis M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee was enjoyable.

Dennis Meek
dennis.meek@pillarhotels.com
(847)855-8868
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family was kicked out of this hotel. We were told that there was a noise complaint. The night manager came to our room and was very rude and disrespectful. There was no loud music, no rough housing, or anything of that nature. We were talking to each other. I was also told that it is quiet time at 10:00pm. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Dee M
David R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to offer a sincere apology for the issues that you experienced at our hotel. Any specific action taken in this regard is always with all of our guest's best interest in mind. If you would, please call me personally at the hotel, so we may further discuss the issues that you experienced. Sincerely, David Ratzke, General Manager.
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had a one night stay here only due to the way i was treated at check in. But the location is great everything is right there. the bed is comfortable and the room is clean. I think the previous tenant might of smoked in there it smelled like smoke. the morning staff was excellent. I just think the night lady and i just didn't get along. i told here i was probably only staying the night. but i found my receipt under the door in the morning and the rest of my reservations cancelled. not sure how that happens.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
David R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing a review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

David Ratzke
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This isn't a resort hotel. It's across the street from Great America Amusement park and next to a shopping mall. But it's a much better hotel than we were expecting. Check is was great. Lars (who checked us in) was very pleasant and helpful, asking us if we has a preferred floor we'd like, and telling us about the breakfast. When we told him we'd actually be checking out before breakfast, he noted that they actually set up a little earlier than the breakfast starts and to call the front desk before we left and they would let us grab something early. Room was clean and the beds were great. Free Internet. We stayed there before a fishing trip the next morning at 5:30am because it was only 10 miles from the marina and were expecting a heavily used an abused property because of its location. It wasn't that at all. It was well kept, up to date, nice decor in the rooms and slightly upscale. Nice Hotel.

Room Tip: Southwest side faces a busy Steak and Shake drive through and the east side faces the toll road, but...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay!

David Ratzke
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Checked in late in the day after spending the day at six flags. Room is spacious enough for a family of 5. From the moment we walked into the room we knew it wasn't great. Rooms smelled musty. When my kids went fo shower we found a dirty used wash cloth in the shower! In addition to that my husband found a used tissue on a shelf. I would rate this place an F for cleanliness. The staff happens to be super nice but I would stay far away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SuperM0m74
David R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. In addition, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. If you would, please contact me at the hotel directly to discuss. I would like the opportunity to win you back. Sincerely, David Ratzke, General Manager.
Shakopee, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In town for a family graduation, we chose Fairfield because of proximity and price. Our three-night stay went very well; aside from one day we missed housekeeping service, we had no complaints. And Heather at the front desk provided excellent service to us throughout the stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Gurnee, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your response; we appreciate your feedback!

David Ratzke, General Manager