“Not our best experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
Nekoosa, WI
“Not our best experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Upon arriving, the front clerk (an older woman) was out of sight, but having a conversation with 2 others in back of the desk about how people who get a good deal on Priceline shouldn't expect much. I feel that if Extended Stay America accepts a price from a third party, no matter which one (Expedia, etc.) that guest should get the same service/accomodations as anyone else. The toilet was clogged when we first used it at a little after 5 p.m. and we were told Mainenance was gone for the day, so they sent up a plunger. There were no washcloths in the room. There was coffee and a coffee pot (+), but no sugar or creamer (-)/ The refrigerator had been leaking for some time, because the laminate floor in front of it was wet and already buckled. At one time there had been a table in the corner, which would have been nice because there was no place to plug a computer in if you wanted to work on it without draining the battery. The carpeting on the 3rd floor looks like it has never been cleaned. On the positive side, the bed was clean and comfortable. The location to restaurants and shopping is great. The clerk on duty when we checked out was a young black woman and could not have been friendlier.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a 2-1/2 star room when searching. It can make a big difference. I will never go for a 2 s...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank northjudi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very Friendly Staff!!! Great people to look forward to in the morning and when you get back from work. Always receive a warm welcome and a smile.
Property is well maintained and very clean. I will definitely stay here on my future visit.

Room Tip: My room is on the south on the second floor. Extremely quite. Easy to get in and out of the property...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I really loved the location it was near a lot of restaurants. The check in process was a breeze the girl at the front desk answered all my questions with no hesitation I do believe her name was daisy or Stacy. But then a old lady came her name tag was Lynn she was the one with the white hair. She ruined the whole atmosphere she was giving me a dirty look and rolled her eyes. I do not like her and I wish not to see her next time I check in. I wish she was nice like the other young lady. Also a other guest was asking for some towels and the old lady gave the guest a attitude and the younger girl Stacy or daisy asked the guest what kind of towels and said just a moment the guest waited. She finished with my check in gave me id and credit card and presented the basket with stuff and told me about the breakfast and other things I left and she helped the guest with the towels I would like to see Stacy or daisy next time I do arrive. She has good customer service. And she was friendly and always with a smile. Unlike the old lady I would highly recommend this hotel to friends family and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I really liked it there especially the front desk girl her name was daisy. She was great. Great speaking. Great service always with a smile. I will love to see her next time I visit which will be soon hope she is there

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to delight our guests with great service and a clean, safe environment. I am thrilled Daisy was able to do that.

I hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 03/04-03/06 booked through priceline.com. I must say the hotel is very quaint and comfortable. The room offered plates, full size refrigerator, pots coffee machine and a cullugan filter for safe clean water.The staff was very friendly an helpful. The facilities were very clean. I felt safe at all times . The best part is located in the middle of great restaurants which are walking distance. If you like Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Crab Shack and Crackle barrel this is the place for you. The commute to the Naval Station was 15 minutes by cab service. The only thing I would not recommend is the cab company American Taxi Service, they are horrible. Please, use any other one. They are not punctual and you will be late to your love ones graduation. I would love to thank the staff for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The breakfast is very light.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you had such a enjoyable stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

My husband is in the Navy & is stationed here for a few months, I was 35 weeks pregnant when I moved up here to be with him. Everyone here has been extremely helpful & nice. They always call me by my first name & always check and make sure I am doing okay. All the staff is extremely sincere.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
I so glad to hear that your first time away from home was a comfortable one. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how welcome our staff made you feel.
Waukegan,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I consider Extended Stay America a home away from home. The staff is friendly and very helpfull in your needs. The staff goes the extra mile for makeing you feel comfortable. Lynn is an absolute delight. She is very helpfull and allways has a simle and kind words for their guests. As far as value, I would compare the Gurnee Extended Stay America to any Holiday Inn or La Quinta.However the value is far better than the compitition. I would rate the Extended Stay America in Gurnee, Ill the best in the area I would not hesitate to rebook here again.
I work in Waukegan, Ill. I must say that travel time to Waukegan is no more than ten minutes. It is about three to five miles down Grand ave. The restaurants in the area are plentyfull. Extended Stay America is close to six flags, Gurnee Mills which is a very large shopping center. If you can't find what your looking for at Gurnee Mills you neither need or want it. Gurnee Mills also has a movie theater. The shopping center is just across the I 94 freeway about three minutes from the hotel. If your looking for value, friendly staff, nice enviroment family friendly that allows pets this is the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of our Gurnee site. The staff loves to get mentioned, we appreciate you did that. We do have a great location in the area, and are glad you found it fit your needs.