“Would definitely stay again!”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 months for business and found the staff and management to be extremely friendly and always willing to help out. The manager does an outstanding job and wants you to have a good stay. I would recommend this hotel to anybody, but for those of you who might be looking to for a place to stay while visiting Great America or anything else in the Gurnee area, this is a great spot. The rooms are clean and there is free Wi-fi. Additionally, there is a small breakfast bar in the morning with fruit and granola bars and whatnot. It also has easy interstate access and is within walking distance of many restaurants; if you want to drive only a couple miles there are many, many more restaurants nearby, and also a very large shopping mall. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank John G

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Let me start by saying the front desk staff was pleasant and after that I can find nothing positive to say. We travel all the time and have never run into anything like this. The refrigerator had old dried brown particles of something that was left for who knows how long in it. The bathroom floor had a white powder(I hope it wasn't a drug!) all over the floor. The pillow cases had clean ones to the front but the ones behind had not been changed. I honestly believe they changed towels front pillow cases and that is it in this room. If it wasn't so late when we had arrived I would have said charge us anyway and we will find somewhere else. This by far was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DianeB02
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Upon arriving, the front clerk (an older woman) was out of sight, but having a conversation with 2 others in back of the desk about how people who get a good deal on Priceline shouldn't expect much. I feel that if Extended Stay America accepts a price from a third party, no matter which one (Expedia, etc.) that guest should get the same service/accomodations as anyone else. The toilet was clogged when we first used it at a little after 5 p.m. and we were told Mainenance was gone for the day, so they sent up a plunger. There were no washcloths in the room. There was coffee and a coffee pot (+), but no sugar or creamer (-)/ The refrigerator had been leaking for some time, because the laminate floor in front of it was wet and already buckled. At one time there had been a table in the corner, which would have been nice because there was no place to plug a computer in if you wanted to work on it without draining the battery. The carpeting on the 3rd floor looks like it has never been cleaned. On the positive side, the bed was clean and comfortable. The location to restaurants and shopping is great. The clerk on duty when we checked out was a young black woman and could not have been friendlier.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a 2-1/2 star room when searching. It can make a big difference. I will never go for a 2 s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank northjudi
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very Friendly Staff!!! Great people to look forward to in the morning and when you get back from work. Always receive a warm welcome and a smile.
Property is well maintained and very clean. I will definitely stay here on my future visit.

Room Tip: My room is on the south on the second floor. Extremely quite. Easy to get in and out of the property...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I really loved the location it was near a lot of restaurants. The check in process was a breeze the girl at the front desk answered all my questions with no hesitation I do believe her name was daisy or Stacy. But then a old lady came her name tag was Lynn she was the one with the white hair. She ruined the whole atmosphere she was giving me a dirty look and rolled her eyes. I do not like her and I wish not to see her next time I check in. I wish she was nice like the other young lady. Also a other guest was asking for some towels and the old lady gave the guest a attitude and the younger girl Stacy or daisy asked the guest what kind of towels and said just a moment the guest waited. She finished with my check in gave me id and credit card and presented the basket with stuff and told me about the breakfast and other things I left and she helped the guest with the towels I would like to see Stacy or daisy next time I do arrive. She has good customer service. And she was friendly and always with a smile. Unlike the old lady I would highly recommend this hotel to friends family and colleagues.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I really liked it there especially the front desk girl her name was daisy. She was great. Great speaking. Great service always with a smile. I will love to see her next time I visit which will be soon hope she is there

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to delight our guests with great service and a clean, safe environment. I am thrilled Daisy was able to do that.

I hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 03/04-03/06 booked through priceline.com. I must say the hotel is very quaint and comfortable. The room offered plates, full size refrigerator, pots coffee machine and a cullugan filter for safe clean water.The staff was very friendly an helpful. The facilities were very clean. I felt safe at all times . The best part is located in the middle of great restaurants which are walking distance. If you like Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Crab Shack and Crackle barrel this is the place for you. The commute to the Naval Station was 15 minutes by cab service. The only thing I would not recommend is the cab company American Taxi Service, they are horrible. Please, use any other one. They are not punctual and you will be late to your love ones graduation. I would love to thank the staff for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The breakfast is very light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you had such a enjoyable stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.