“Seemed Alright”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Chicago, Illinois
“Seemed Alright”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We got in quite late and left early for Six Flags but this seemed like an alright hotel. The rooms were huge, especially the bathroom we had, and is a perfect location for going to Six Flags as it is right across the street. Our room also had a fridge which was wonderful. My only complaint is they talked about having free Wifi but it was down the entire time we were there, which was quite the disappointment, but thankfully the manager let me use her office to print off our tickets.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
CountryInn G, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Jefferson,

We thank you for choosing us for you recent stay. We have made all the changes and upgrades required for the wireless internet as of last week. We can now assure you that the wireless is powerful and will remain operative at all times. We also do have a help desk for any wireless related issues for our guest. Please do choose to stay with us again and experience the enhanced wireless internet.

Jeshal Sheth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

After reading a few of the reviews, I was a little reluctant to stay at this hotel; I had made my reservations months ago. The staff was very accommodating, the breakfast lady (Selene) was SUPER, very friendly and attentive, SUPER EMPLOYEE SELENE. Breakfast selection was very good including scrambled eggs, ham/sausage/bacon, waffles, and 4 different kinds of dry cereal, oatmeal, breads, and muffins, cut up fruits, 2 different juices and coffee/tea. If you think this is not enough, you have a problem. Our room was huge and very clean, had an awesome bed, slept like a baby. We had no problems with the wifi. The smell of chlorine that another person mentioned is not that bad, anywhere there is a pool you will smell chlorine if it is kept clean. My only complaint is weak coffee, but I put in the coffee maker two filter packs instead of one and that solved the problem. I think that some people aren't happy unless their complaining. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Alba L
Dear Alba,

We at the Best Western thank you for choosing us and mentioning your experience in detail. We hope to provide you the same level of guest comfort and experience during the next visit..

Salisbury, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful, my room was HUGE, and I had no problems with the wifi. I usually don't leave reviews, but I felt compelled to after reading some of the reviews for the hotel on this site. Honestly, I think some people just like complaining. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Jennifer,

I thank you for your review and I am glad you found our hotel and your stay comforting. We will make certain to continue our effort in improving quality of service and amenities.

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

What can I say...it's a Best Western. My hubby and I got stuck here when I couldn't get a hotel in a nicer area North of Chicago. The front desk person ignored us when we walked in. The front lobby has an overwhelming smell of chlorine that made me nauseous every time I passed through it. The room was musty and barely clean enough for me to stay. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. If you are used to more upscale hotels, like I am, don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

I apologize for the front lobby smelling of chlorine, I am sure there must have been some need for the same from our Maintenance Manager. Also with regards to the front desk staff, could you please email me the date of your arrival so as I can check who was working then and take measures to better the quality of response.

jeshals@jchospitality.com
Naugatuck, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Honestly, I found no significant fault with this hotel except a MISERABLE Internet service, which was the ONE amenity that was published on the search engine through which I accessed and purchased my stay.

The coffee was a bit weak (as I noted from others' reviews, and despite the promised improvement from the manager). But the weak and faulty internet (wireless router?) service was absolutely UNFORGIVEABLE, since this was a WORKING visit.

I complained within the first 2 hours of my stay and the front desk manager (as though he knew EXACTLY what the problem was) said, without hesitation, "OK I will reset it". He might have, because the system worked for another 20 minutes before I lost it again, and so it was, the entire stay. I find it hard to believe they don't know they have a major problem there that could be solved with simply spending the money to replace their faulty equipment, or to otherwise improve the quality of the service.

Location is good, with a huge shopping mall within 1 mile from the hotel, and a few eating spots as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BloomingMisfit
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Sir,

I apologize for your inconvenience with the internet during your stay. I took your concerns sincerely and I have successfully upgraded the internet at the hotel. I can vouch for the same to work without any issues. Please give us the opportunity to stay with us again and use the internet.

If you do not find th stay satisfactory I will compensate for the same. The next stay will be complimentary from the management.

Sicnerely,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I checked into the Best Western was surprised to see how spacious the rooms were. I had a busy day of shopping and came back to my room to see everything was made up perfectly.
Dale was very helpful and friendly, And the hot breakfast was sensational I loved the heart shaped waffles. Hetal was able to direct me to timothy O Tools and even gave me a 20% off coupon. This hotel is top notch I would recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
CountryInn G, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Sir,

I appreciate you choosing us for your recent stay and recommending us to others. We are hoping to serve you better during your next visit and I will pass along your comments to my staff.

Best Western, Gurnee
Hoffman Estates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I rarely travel, but when I do I stay at the best. I was reccomended by a friend to stay at the Best Western during my past weekend golf outing. It was a short stay, but I am sure I will visit again during the summer months for shopping with my wife and kids. Very friendly and helpful staff, flat screen tvs and good in room coffee. MUST STAY !!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

I thank you for staying with us during your recent stay and I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed the coffee. It will be our pleasure to service you and your family during the shopping season and we will be having a shuttle to and from the Gurnee Mills Shopping mall.

Best Western, Gurnee