“Clean and comfortable...10 minutes from PIR!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very impressed!! Tons of places to eat around the hotel. Great free breakfast! Very clean! Great rate! Mall was close. 10 Minutes from Naval Base. Which was my main reason for going. Took no time at all to get there for PIR and Liberty for my son. Perfect location!! If I had to go back to that area, I would without a doubt, stay at this hotel!! Did not use the pool, but it looked inviting. I needed to print something from my email, and there was a computer room! On site laundry too!!! Free coffee 24/7!! A very convenient place to stay!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for taking time to wroite about your visit at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay as stated in the review and we hope to correct and fulfill any concerns you may have had in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was very pleased with the room that I stayed in at the Best Western Gurnee. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean overall (it could have used a pass with a vacuum, but was clean other than that). The complementary breakfast is very good, with foods like eggs and sausage in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare. The free breakfast will definitely make me consider staying here again in the future. The hotel in general is not very quiet because all of the doors slam loudly and rattle things, but I couldn't usually hear TVs or voices, which was good. The front desk staff seemed nice enough and cared about my comfort. When I pointed out to the manager that the slamming door at the front desk rattled my room, the slamming stopped immediately.

The only thing wrong with my room was the strange, awkward location of the bathroom light switch. The switch is on the bedroom wall, around the corner from the bathroom, and the door swings in such a way that you have to go around it to get to the switch. If you forget to turn on the light before you go into the bathroom, you have to exit the bathroom, go around the door, and then go around the corner to find the switch. There is a sign by the main light switch telling you where the bathroom switch is, so obviously people have had problems finding it. A simple solution would be to move the light switch onto the other side of the wall that it's on. That would put the switch in the bathroom instead of outside of it.

My only real complaint was that the prettily folded washcloth in the bathroom on the first day had someone's makeup on it. Ew! Thankfully there was another washcloth by the sink.

Room Tip: Opt for rooms farther from the elevator where there will tend to be less commotion. Summer weekends...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We ensure you the best in hospitality during your next visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I didn't want to spend a lot for this weekend, and this hotel is priced right. For the price, I thought there would be a lot less amenities, but I was pleased that there was not only free breakfast included and high speed internet (my two main requirements), but the room was a suite with the bed separate from the sitting room. It was a comfortable room. I didn't use the poo, spal or exercise room but was very pleased with the things they did offer that I utilized. The room was welcoming and warm - I liked the decor very much - very homey. Although Six Flags was not in my scope of entertainment, their television channels and the Cuneo Mansion just down the road was an added benefit I did enjoy. I will come back again when I am in the area – it was a pleasant stay. Even though the hotel was full, the room was quiet and warm – I like heat. The staff at the front desk was friendly and gave me instructions for places around the area with good direction. I have been wary of a lot of hotels lately, but this one seems like a newer hotel and not a poor renovated model that remains poor. I will certainly come back again and will refer this hotel to my friends, especially those with families who want a weekend romping through Six Flags.

Room Tip: Book ahead and request where you want to be.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 November 2012

we had a wonderful time. the hotel room was very clean and quiet even though is seemed full. we had the pool area all to ourselves which was great. it is close to eating places of all sorts and close to gurnee mills. the breakfast was very good. everything was well stocked and even included sugar free syrup and sugar free lemonade and yogurt low in carbs, which was a nice thought for a diabetic. you don't see that very often. the woman at the front desk during the day was very helpful and kind. kudos to her.. i did not catch her name though. we will return for a visit..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We do pay attention to minute details as you mentioned and we simply want to serve you the best in hospitality.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We spent a weekend at this hotel. The room was clean and had a decent breakfast. Only negative is all the noise. We were on the first floor and the folks above us were extremlly noisy stomping around after midnight. We also got the joy of listening to the washers & dryers one morning, real loud and annoying.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayco4

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We apologize for the noise and we have trained our guest representatives to keep a check on the noise.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

My husband & I came to Great Lakes & Gurnee, Illinois to attend my daughter's graduation from the Naval Station. We had booked a room with a King size bed but we were given a suite with two double beds. That was okay with us. It was a large room with a pull-out bed with large screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. We thought the breakfast was excellent! The service was good. I enjoyed the small swimming pool. This hotel is close to just about anything you would look for when you are traveling away from home. The one thing I was disappointed in was the fact that the website I used said this hotel offered a shuttle service to the Naval Base and it in fact does not. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is about 20 minutes drive to the Naval Base.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Murphyavril

Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for the misscommunication, we do offer the shuttle to the base, however you need to book a specific rate.

We do thank you for choosing us in the future and enjoying your past stay. Congratulations on the graduation of your son.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had booked two double Queen rooms 9days in advance. I drove from out of state with a group of seven only to find out they only had reserved me one, even though i provided paper work with confirmation number. I was told there wasn't anything they could do and had to stay in a different hotel with single Queen rooms across the interstate. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody

Stayed: October 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for your experience, I am certain there must have been a misunderstanding and if given a call to the hotel we could take care fo this issue.

Hope you do stay with us again, as we would always honor any and all reservations.