“Reasonable priced for location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
clayton nc
“Reasonable priced for location”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Although I have stayed at best western hotels before,this was my first time staying here at the one in Gurnee and overall it was a great experience. First of all the price I paid for my room was in my opinion a decent deal since the hotel seemed to be pretty much booked. The front desk employee was very friendly and informed me on local restaurants to try.I settled on the irish pub that was close by. The room was comfortable but the toilet did run that first night.Not a huge deal,but more annoying than anything.I did tell the front desk about it and it was promptly fixed. Over the hotel is a good one and very convenient to I-94

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was my pleasure to be of service during your stay and we hope to enhance your experience in the future.

Jeshal Sheth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Waunakee, WI
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This was our third stay at the Best Western Gurnee Hotel and Suites. Staff were accomodating with all three trips. I recommend to book directly with hotel, vs. online. During each stay we were perfectly delighted with reception - Hetal (front desk manager) should recieve an award for her attention to detal and her cusotmer service. Two stays were with friends on Christmas Shopping Trip, and third stay was with childern to Six Flags- Great America. One one stay I booked on line- what a mistake. Hetal was able to help us the best she could, and our trip was saved by her efforts. The hotel is often booked full, so plan ahead.

Rooms are CLEAN. Beds are VERY comfortable. We used the pool with the kids, and they enjoyed it. I was able to have coffee 24/7 at the front desk area. Room staff are very polite and do a wonderful job making each of my stays enjoyable.

The hotel is very close to the mall. There is a free shuttle. Great America is right across the street, but you can save $20 in parking if you take the free shuttle. Several places to eat right around the hotel, within walking distance.

Wonderful breakfast available each day until 10am. A different menu, including hot foods (eggs, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage) fruits, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk...the list goes on. We felt we were staying for free, after eating the breakfast, as we would have spent the price of the room alone for a meal for the 4 of us.

During most recent stay we were able to have adjoining rooms for our two rooms. It was nice and relaxing to be able to use our rooms for visiting. The rooms are large- with a couch, table, and chairs for visiting. The fridge was COLD when we arrived- unlike other hotels.

I feel like we can not go wrong when selecting this hotel. Our group of friends usually pick a new city to Christmas Shop in each year...but after staying at this hotel, we feel we will return year after year. It is great to know that we have found a hotel that meets our needs.

Again, Hetal is a true gem. It was not just with our group. I sat in the lobby for a short time waiting for friends, and saw her interactions with many guests- each leaving her with a smile. if things were not right- she made sure that she did everything possible to make it best posssible stay.

Room Tip: If possible, stay in room facing pakring lot/entry area. The busy street has a lot of traffic, and...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for taking time to wroite about your visit at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay as stated in the review and we hope to correct and fulfill any concerns you may have had in the future.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very impressed!! Tons of places to eat around the hotel. Great free breakfast! Very clean! Great rate! Mall was close. 10 Minutes from Naval Base. Which was my main reason for going. Took no time at all to get there for PIR and Liberty for my son. Perfect location!! If I had to go back to that area, I would without a doubt, stay at this hotel!! Did not use the pool, but it looked inviting. I needed to print something from my email, and there was a computer room! On site laundry too!!! Free coffee 24/7!! A very convenient place to stay!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Michigan
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was very pleased with the room that I stayed in at the Best Western Gurnee. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean overall (it could have used a pass with a vacuum, but was clean other than that). The complementary breakfast is very good, with foods like eggs and sausage in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare. The free breakfast will definitely make me consider staying here again in the future. The hotel in general is not very quiet because all of the doors slam loudly and rattle things, but I couldn't usually hear TVs or voices, which was good. The front desk staff seemed nice enough and cared about my comfort. When I pointed out to the manager that the slamming door at the front desk rattled my room, the slamming stopped immediately.

The only thing wrong with my room was the strange, awkward location of the bathroom light switch. The switch is on the bedroom wall, around the corner from the bathroom, and the door swings in such a way that you have to go around it to get to the switch. If you forget to turn on the light before you go into the bathroom, you have to exit the bathroom, go around the door, and then go around the corner to find the switch. There is a sign by the main light switch telling you where the bathroom switch is, so obviously people have had problems finding it. A simple solution would be to move the light switch onto the other side of the wall that it's on. That would put the switch in the bathroom instead of outside of it.

My only real complaint was that the prettily folded washcloth in the bathroom on the first day had someone's makeup on it. Ew! Thankfully there was another washcloth by the sink.

Room Tip: Opt for rooms farther from the elevator where there will tend to be less commotion. Summer weekends...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We ensure you the best in hospitality during your next visit.

Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I didn't want to spend a lot for this weekend, and this hotel is priced right. For the price, I thought there would be a lot less amenities, but I was pleased that there was not only free breakfast included and high speed internet (my two main requirements), but the room was a suite with the bed separate from the sitting room. It was a comfortable room. I didn't use the poo, spal or exercise room but was very pleased with the things they did offer that I utilized. The room was welcoming and warm - I liked the decor very much - very homey. Although Six Flags was not in my scope of entertainment, their television channels and the Cuneo Mansion just down the road was an added benefit I did enjoy. I will come back again when I am in the area – it was a pleasant stay. Even though the hotel was full, the room was quiet and warm – I like heat. The staff at the front desk was friendly and gave me instructions for places around the area with good direction. I have been wary of a lot of hotels lately, but this one seems like a newer hotel and not a poor renovated model that remains poor. I will certainly come back again and will refer this hotel to my friends, especially those with families who want a weekend romping through Six Flags.

Room Tip: Book ahead and request where you want to be.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business