“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, NICE, CLEAN ROOMS”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Thank you Dianna (Front Desk) you are a TRUE BLESSING! Great hotel, EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE ★★★!!! Very Clean rooms, Huge SUPER SOFT BEDS and the hotel is located in a great, convenient location next to tons of restaurants, shopping, malls, entertainment and family fun! The front desk service was exceptional! I had the Jacuzzi room and the jacuzzi was HUGE and made my stay even that MUCH MORE RELAXING and ENJOYABLE! There is also a INDOOR POOL, which was very nice the room is kept exceptionally warm to give you an HOT SUMMER DAY EFFECT and I loved it ♥ I would definitely recommend this hotel and will return myself.

Room Tip: Great room with a HUGE Jacuzzi Bathtub I recommend room 105 ♥♥♥
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Jeshal S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for the review!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are honored that you consider us to be your choice hotel in Gurnee. We appreciate your comments, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I will start by saying that I travel often, am pretty low-maintenance and have never complained about a hotel stay. The hotel was decent for a Best Western from a cleanliness standpoint, however there was a room of junior high kids (unchaperoned) that was up screaming and laughing until 3 a.m. The walls were PAPER thin and it sounded like they were in my room. I called the front desk at 2:15 a.m. to complain and they did NOTHING ... No knock on their door to talk to them, no phone call, absolutely nothing. I had to get out of bed bed and go talk to them myself, which resulted in them getting a little quieter. There was also a humming/howling sound in the room that never went off and the water temperature in the shower was either cold or scalding hot. I would not recommend this hotel ...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelle R

Thank you for the review!! We are honored that you consider us to be your choice hotel in Gurnee. I am very sorry your stay was not enjoyable, We appreciate your comments Once again, Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Our hotel stay was nice for the price. If you are looking for quiet hotel, close to restaurants, entertainment and the highway this is a great choice. The staff was nice and very helpful. The bed was comfortable, not sure why the bathroom light and fan switches are near the bed? They also need a longer shower curtain to prevent water from getting all over the bathroom floor. Overall no disappointment!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for the review!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are honored that you consider us to be your choice hotel in Gurnee. We appreciate your comments Once again, Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

A Best Western traveller
Durant, Iowa, Usa
Reviewed 23 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank A Best Western traveller

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Went for my daughters boot camp graduation, Great hotel had no complaints at all well except for the key quit working which was fixed with a quick trip to the front desk. Will stay here in all future trips to the area and you should do the same. Great breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor! We love receiving positive feedback and yours will most definitely be shared with our staff!

Hopefully you will come back and visit us soon, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kindest Regards,

TJ Geurtsen

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel with the wife & 2 kids (aged 3 & 4) for a week, we had a room with 2 queen size beds (same as a UK king size bed) as I feel my kids are too young to be on there own.
We paid just under £50 a night for the whole family & no extra charge was added for the kids.
Compared to any British or European hotel, the hotel is out of this world.

All of the staff where extremely friendly, polite & couldn't be more helpful - they made us feel very welcome.
The hotel was quite busy but this didn't seem to affect the staff who still found time for everyone, & remembered who we where.
Check in/out was very speedy & efficient, the lady on reception answered all questions we had about the local area.
Couldn't fault this hotel on cleanliness, I've seen some of the other reviews but I disagree, we never found a single part which wasn't clean.
The room itself was very large & plenty of space for my whole family.
As well as everything you'd expect in a room, it also had a sofa, a plasma TV with lots channels, free wifi (high speed as well), radio alarm clock, tea/coffee facilities, microwave, fridge, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, phone, air conditioning, etc...
Breakfast is included & is a good quality with plenty of choice, great for us to fill up on before going into the park.

A worry for me when staying in the US is crime, however the area around this hotel feel very safe & my family where comfortable walking around.
The hotel is situated with other hotels just outside 6 flags, literally across the road.
Near the hotels are plenty of smaller shops for everything you could need, clothes shops, banks, restaurants, fast food, etc...
We we're in town mainly to visit 6 flags, which is just a few minute walk away, this hotel couldn't be better placed.
There is also a HUGE shopping centre only about a mile away.

The only negative comments I could make are regarding the indoor swimming pool. For adults using the gym it would be great to swim & exercise in. However my kids love diving in, splashing & water slides so it wasn't really suitable for them. However I did know this before my visit so wasn't a problem.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with a family visiting the area & will definitely use again when I return.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I hope the kids enjoyed Six Flags!

Kindest Regards,
TJ Geurtsen

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed here one night and will certainly stay here again!
The entire staff was nice and accommodating. I had booked the motel on a web site, and was not aware that it had placed us in king rooms. As I was checking in, my family was unloading the car. After I received our room keys, and the family was now entering the lobby, the woman at the desk called me back over and and voluntarily changed us to two queen rooms, which we so appreciated.
The rooms are updated, comfortable, and super clean. The beds were very nice and had adequate blankets on them. We had recently stayed at a Fairfield Inn close by, and the Fairfield beds have only a sheet and a very thin blanket on them. Also, the heating system in the room was very quiet...not those old, noisy units that wake you up every time they click on an off.
We will most definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Jeshal S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are glad to hear that you preferred our beds and the heaters more than some of the others. We hope you enjoyed your visit in Gurnee and stay at our hotel and suites.

Hope to serve you in the future.

Jeshal Sheth