“Best Western Hotel and Suites, Gurnee, Il”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Gurnee
Durant, Iowa, Usa
“Best Western Hotel and Suites, Gurnee, Il”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We frequently stay here when we are in the Gurnee area. We like the proximity to several good restaurants. We also like how close it is to Six Flags. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

hotel needs improvement mainly the cleaning of it,and some checkout staff can be more friendly. the lighting in the rooms need improvement. the breakfast was just fair not a big choice as far as the eggs go, because not everybody eats omlets withh peppers.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

kennesaw
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very good place to go. The free breakfast was well attended and the staff kept up with demand. Closest to 6 flags entrance. Got a great price thru priceline too. About the fire alarm, it went off while we were there, apparently a custodian was welding something close to a detector...Fire department arrived in record time! Rather be safe than sorry. Small pool but it was warm. seemed to have some noise and vibration on second floor rooms 200+ side during the day from industrial washers and dryers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jeshal S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I appreciate you taking time to write this review and I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This Best Western was really very nice. The room and breakfast area were quite clean. The hotel staff were helpful and pleasant. Elisabeth was especially helpful with anything we needed! They made suggestions where to eat and even gave us coupons. We were lucky enough to see the fireworks from Six Flags - which was literally right across the street. We had brought lawn chairs with us and it worked out perfect - we sat in the parking lot like we were tailgating - even other guests of the hotel came out! Talk about front row seats!!!
I was also impressed with the room - we had two queen beds and there was actually a sitting area where there was a pull out couch! coffee table and a large table for computer and you could have your breakfast in the room. My one disappointment was that the couch had some stains on it, but otherwise the room was perfect!
There was coffee 24/7; breakfast had waffles, Danish, eggs, bagels - good start to the day.
I would certainly go back again!

Room Tip: If you are traveling w/more than two ppl - take the rooms that have two queens and pull out sofa. e...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jeshal S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you for the review!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are honored that you consider us to be your choice hotel in Gurnee. We appreciate your comments Once again, Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I booked a 3 night stay here through Hotels.com. Unfortunately, we were unable to make it to the hotel the 1st night of our reservation because our flight into Chicago was cancelled due to bad weather. As soon as I heard that our flight was cancelled, I called to inform the hotel that we couldn't get there until the following day. They told me I had to contact Hotels.com to receive any credit on the 1st night. The hotel was clean, good location and the staff was helpful once we arrived. I didn't address the situation at the hotel because I was relieved we made it to Chicago (one day late), and I knew that I would need to contact Hotels.com. Once I returned home, I contacted Hotels.com. They told me they had to contact the hotel to verify that I hadn't arrived for my first night. I waited while the Hotels.com representative contacted the hotel. The hotel said they could not authorize any credit. Hotels.com said they would be happy to credit the night if only the hotel would authorize it. The hotel refused, saying I hadn't given 24 hrs notice. The reality is I didn't HAVE 24 hours notice. I informed the hotel AS SOON AS I GOT THE NEWS THAT MY FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED!!! I couldn't have possibly known prior to that !!!! So, for this reason alone, I would not return to this hotel. I was really disappointed that no one there would authorize the credit for my missed night. Hotels.com was told that even the manager would not authorize it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grandmar2009
Jeshal S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey we apologize for the inconvenience Thank you so much for the review!
MI
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Yes, this is a great hotel to stay at and it is not far from Six Flags amazement park. It is located in the area of other hotels and not near a noisy xway. There is an IHOP restaurant, Olive Garden, McDonald's and a few other good ones. It is a clean hotel. The mattress on the bed is very comfy and the pillows too. It has a nice area w/a sofa bed.
We enjoyed the breakfast which had the yummy waffles. Fruit, yogurt, eggs, toast, muffins, etc.
We also got a nice price on the hotel. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were from MI. and going to a family graduation. We were on the 3rd floor toward the end of the ha...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jeshal S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you so much for the review! We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is a great location and a family and pet friendly hotel. We hope you and your family come stay at our hotel again.