“Great place to taste wine, and just to kick back and relax.”

Fergedaboudit Vineyard & Winery
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Hanover
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Love this winery for the wines, but also the view and overall ambiance on of the place. It has a great deck overlooking the vineyard and a view for miles. A great place on a hot afternoon to sip one of their wine “slushies” and visit with your friends and the owners. [if the place is not busy, at the moment]. A little off the beaten path of a “Galena, IL” experience. but well worth the short side trip to get there.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The views from this setting are gorgeous and the tasting room is beautiful - there is seating out front on a patio under a canopy and also a deck outside almost above the tasting room - we can't wait to go back, buy a bottle, bring some cheese and sit up there and enjoy the view. It was beautiful in July; must be gorgeous in the fall. We didn't see the owner but the guy working the tasting room was fascinating and entertaining. We were the only 2 in there and we must have been there for over an hour, with 6 tastings ($6). Bottles range $13-$25.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I love driving the gorgeous country side near Galena. The views are spectacular and the Fergedaboutit winery was about 30 minutes from Eagle Ridge resort. The owner Rosario and his family are there to serve you and they have been working this vineyard for over a decade even though the tasting room is very new. We have done all of he winery tours in western Michigan and Fergetaboutit is my new favorite. Why? Rosario's wine palette matches mine with a lovely finish, never harsh, to any of his reds. I could have bought every red that I tasted and settled on the delicious Cabernet Sauvignon. The revelation was his Chardonnay, which does not have that heavy oak finish. I have never liked Chardonnay before but I bought a bottle!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you are doing the winery tastings in the Galena area, this is one you want to add to the list. It is a slow drive down a dirt road but worth the effort to get there. Mr. Bruno himself, and his dog Sugar, are there to welcome you with some great wines. Enjoy a glass outside by the small pond and you can easily relax some time away. The wine slushy is also a must try!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This vineyard is the best I have found in Illinois. The winemaker is very knowledgeable and friendly. He has the best dry red wines I have had in Illinois. Other visitors seemed to enjoy his white wine. The tasting room is great - the outdoor seating has beautiful views. We stopped on our way down to Galena and on our way back home. Definitely worth the ride for 1 1/2 miles on a gravel road. The signage was good. Open Thursday thru Sunday. A must see! Do the $6.00 wine tasting then enjoy a bottle.