“Can you shower under the tub tap?”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harrisburg
Thamesford
“Can you shower under the tub tap?”
Reviewed 20 January 2010

With that being said , no drain stopper to have a bath even .No way to turn the shower on . But the shower head is there . Drive to Marion

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bron450
Naresh P, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 618-252-2442
SAT kaival inc.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wisconson
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We had to drive an 8 hour trip to Harrisburg for a funeral. Five rooms were reserved in total for a Thursday check-in and Sunday check-out. We were excited for the kids to have an indoor pool to help alleviate at some of the sadness from the funeral. Regretfully, upon check-in, there in front of us was an indoor pool that was no longer than maybe a car and half, and fairly narrow. We referred to it as oversized bathtub. Upon arriving to the room, we found they were nothing spectacular, but they would do and seemed fairly clean. Upon entering the bathroom however, there two separate spiders nests in the ceiling corners. After speaking with other members in our group, we found their comforters were absolutely filthy and dirty and they had to request they be washed again; which I might add took them several hours to complete.

After we settled in, we walked down to the first floor, no elevators, only to find an almost empty soda machine. FInally, we decided to take advantage of the free wireless internet service. Regretfully, no matter what we did, we were unable to aquire the network IP address. After several security changes and much frustration, I gave up. It was so late, I chose to just try again in the morning.

On Friday morning we headed downstairs for the free breakfast; which was almost gone with plenty of time left before they closed it down. The were a handful of donuts, no bagels, warm milk, 4 pieces of bread, and waffle maker that your waffles stuck to and no spray to fix it. After a very quick bite, we headed back to our room to shower and start our day. Only to find in the short 10 minutes we were gone, our room was in complete disarray; beds were tore apart, comforters lay on the floor, they had begun to clean our room already and this was before 9:00 a.m. in the morning. We asked for a few minutes to get ready and we would get out of there way. Very shortly later, housekeeping was back, so we just decided to let her clean and we would leave. We decided to head down to the desk and ask about the Internet as we still could not obtain the connection and we were told that it was our laptop and there was nothing wrong. This being after several attempts to convince him we KNEW it was not that lapto and that there was a problem with their network or server. He assured me everything was fine, provided me an 800 number to call for technical assistance, but could not understand what was wrong as his computer was working fine. Since housekeeping was in our room, we took a drive for about 45 minutes, returned to find a third-party service provider had entered our room to remove, clean, and replace the air conditioner of our room. However, we were not notified and upon our return there was still a large whole in the room, a soaking wet carpet and room that was still not clean. I was very upset at the fact that a third party was allowed to enter our room, with our personal belongings still in the room, without notification or permission from us.

I must add that the Friday and Saturday evening desk clerk was the absolute meanest and rudest person I have ever encountered in a customer service atmosphere. As he was wiping down the front desk, mother-in-law asked if she could ask him a question; without hesitation he simply stated, "You will have to wait until I am finished." WHAT? How rude. The next morning he was washing the windows on the door entrance as some of our group was coming in. Do you think it ever crossed his mind to maybe open and hold the door for them? He barely acknowledged their presence. Screamed at people to "hurry up and get out of the pool room, it was 9:00 p.m. and the pool closes at 9:00. My guess would not be to wait until 9 on the button if you wanted the door locked at 9. Furthermore, what hotel ever has their pool area close prior to 10:00 o.m.?

FInally, on Saturday after returning from our funeral service, we returned to our room to change clothes for the luncheon, only to have the kids come running down the hall that all of our belongings were gone. Housekeeping claimed our reservations were only through Saturady (EVEN THOUGH OUR ENTIRE PARTY OF FIVE ROOMS WAS STAYING UNTIL SUNDAY!!!) and that management had instructed them to pack our things up and move them. I was absolutely furious. At no time did they ever acknowledge at the front desk that this could have been their error, in addition to never offering any discount or "peace" offering. It was absolutely unbelievable. We were ready to pack and leave for the Super 8 just outside the door in the same parking lot, but mom convinced us to stay with the family. When they checked us back in, it was at a higher rate than the two previous nights, yet they continued to tell us it was a discount. They put us in a room right next our original room, but it was a smoking room and low and behold THIS ROOM HAD TO SPIDERS NESTS IN IT TOO!

I do not know what else to say other than I would keep driving if you need a place to stay and look further down the road.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

SAT kaival inc.

Travellers are raving about these Harrisburg hotels

Southern Illinois
Reviewed 26 March 2009

I read a couple of reviews through another webiste and found this hotel to be adequate. It was very plain from the outside and a little off the path of Route 13 (my main route) but I was optimistic it would be a comfortable stay.

I asked for the handicap room because it was a few dollars cheaper. Won't do that again - no room around the sink to put anything! But my main complaint is that they didn't clean the bathroom. There was urine underneath the toilet seat, which was noticeable with seat down. I immediately reported this to the front desk after checking in. They sent the housekeeper to my room right then. Everything else was OK, very plain and simple. No noises, very basic breakfast - glad I had a breakfast meeting elsewhere.

Oh, and I was shocked to fine they didn't have a computer for guests to use!

If it is a one night stay passing through, it will probably do - but check the bathroom! :)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business

Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2009

If you are on business and staying because of the location this place will work. If you are on vacation keep going. If you are on extended business drive to Marion. I stayed because it was close to the coal mine. The rooms are ok. Cleaning is ok but there is room for improvement.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business

Vandalia, Michigan
Reviewed 20 May 2006

In April I took a bus tour to Paducah, Kentucky. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Harrisburg, Illinois. We were there for 3 nights. The first 2 nights were fine and the housekeeping was done perfectly. On the third night, I came back around 10p.m. to find my room upsidedown. The sheets were off the bed and the blanket and bedspread were on the floor. The trash was not emptied and the bathroom was not cleaned or stocked. The room had been started, but forgotten.
I went to the front desk and asked what could be done. They offered to move me to the second floor to a smoking room. I didn'twant a smoking room because I don't smoke. Also there was no elevator.
Their solution was to give me a set of sheets and towels and sent me back to the room. I made my bed and put the towels away while fuming the whole time. Is this what I paid for?
In the night I heard a chewing sound. I found out what it was when I returned home. I had some chocolate kisses and pretzels on the dresser and there were holes in the bags and some of them were half eaten. There was a rodent problem in this room.
A letterfrom the management calls this a misunderstanding. I have a 100% guarantee card from this hotel that says the room will be to my satisfaction or I will not be charged for the room. The Comfort Inn management is not holding to their pledge for good service.

7 Thank 2wheeltraveler

SAT kaival inc.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Best Western Plus Marion Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Super 8 Marion
Super 8 Marion
#6 of 15 in Marion

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!