“Andrea a super waitress”
Review of Heritage House

Heritage House
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Harvard
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner last night and relish tray was excellent and the meal was fantastic... also the pineapple cheese was great.

1  Thank Jack W

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Supper club atmosphere with outstanding food & cocktails. The personal service and attention is outstanding as well! From the relish & salad, crackers cheese & liver pâté ALL homemade, to the soups & entrees that are unbeatable. TRY to save room for dessert...or just take some home! Homemade streusel etc are outstanding.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a find in Harvard. It is a German restaurant with good food. The relish tray fills you up with homemade dishes and the main meals are always good. There is a wide variety on the menu and the special are reasonably priced.

2  Thank clc772
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I read the negative and sorta positive advertisement reviews...the first negative is unbelievable to me and the second sounds almost like a paid promotion.

We've been eating here for over 15 years and it is our GO TO place to take out of town friends who haven't been and where we are begged to take our repeat out of town friends. The ambiance is consistently upbeat and friendly..with great lighting decorations by Celeste one of the exceptional servers.

The food is usually outstanding - to be totally honest there have been short periods where there were chef issues, but those were always resolved quickly and to the upside. This is a place where (after your first visit) they always know your name, and they're always glad you came- Plagiarism intended!

Best Prime Rib, best ribs, best lamb, GREAT Kesler Rib (huge 14 oz) smoked pork chop that is, IMHO, the absolutely best ham ever, ever.

If you've ever gone and had a good, great, mediocre experience....go again! It gets better and better!

3  Thank MaryAnn H
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This has been our "place to go" whenever near Harvard, il. There is a detailed review here on Trip Advisor dated June 27, 2013, which is very favorable and with which I would have mostly agreed.....until our visit last weekend.
Something or things have changed. Stopped in last weekend and noticed there was almost no one in the place except for a large party group ( 18-20 ) in the main dining room. Birthday party, i think, and it seemed they were enjoying, ordering cocktails, having a good time. Nice. We sat on the opposite side of the room, the only others in the room. We soon figured out that the server who was taking care of the large group was assigned to us!?!? Nuff said? Well, after a discussion with the server ( for which I was berated by my wife) the service improved. The lady was as nice as could be - not her fault -management issue.
As far as the relish tray and other pre dinner offerings (which is their "thing") are concerned, they were OK. Certainly there was volume - almost too much. My chowder was OK but my wife didn't eat her soup. Was more like tomato soup than a vegetable soup but that's just a matter of individual taste.
Now comes dinner. I had Orange Roughy My wife had the Beef Stroganoff. I took one bite of my fish and it was so salty I almost gagged - really. Put a small piece on my wife's plate and asked her to try it and after doing so she said "DON'T EAT THAT". Her Stroganoff (a house specialty) was so tough that she ate 3 small pieces and gave up on it. Our dinner plates were in front of us for a maximum of 2 or 3 minutes and we called for our check without eating any more. We dine out at least twice a week every week all year and have never had an occasion where both our dinners were so bad we didn't eat them.
I left to get the car while my wife settled the tab. She said that the server apologized for the dinners and offered to make amends somehow ( I said she was nice) but you know, life is short, lots of GOOD places to dine why argue?
Did note on my way out there was only one other couple that had arrived in the time we were there.
Maybe the Locals have figured it out.

1  Thank MandCTravelers

Been to Heritage House? Share your experiences!