“Very nice B & B”
Review of RavenStone Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harvard
RavenStone Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Harvard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I never knew that RavenStone Castle existed, but my girlfriend found this and decided that we needed to go there for my birthday. It is in the middle of a field and the exterior does reflect the exterior of a castle. Once on the inside, you can see that a lot of attention has been given to making the decor as medieval as possible. We were given a tour of the interior and the exterior and even were able to view the other rooms which weren't occupied. There are only four rooms that are available for public use and each has a slightly different theme. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious There was a television and DVD player, a paperback library, a small fridge, microwave and paperback library, as well as some snacks available in the sitting room on the second floor where the bedrooms are. We were able to choose a time for breakfast and we found the food good and there were more than enough options for the two of us. One minor drawback is that there is no WiFi access, but with smartphones, it probably isn't all that necessary for an overnight stay. They also do weddings and also offer tea parties. An interesting place, well worth a one night getaway.

Room Tip: Four rooms to choose from: A "King Arthur" room, a "Queen Elizabeth" room, an Eg...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allen21096

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I bought a gift certifcate through WRMN Radio Shopping Show for a $24 tour for 4 with the plan we would take our Webelos den there for a tour. When I called Rose was extremely rude on the phone and said that the gift certificate was only a 'credit' and that we would need to pay more as well. $8 per adult and $6 per child. Then she said they don't give tours despite their website saying otherwise.I said it was for the Cub Scouts so she agreed. She then called a few weeks later saying I needed to mail in our 'deposit'. I said we would have 3 adults and 6 kids. One was a toddler. I sent the certificate plus $36 and awaited our trip.
Upon arrival we were greeted with Rose's daughter who was very, very nice. The boys enjoyed the tour. When we ended the tour it was like a Jekyll/Hyde moment as the daughter turned quite harsh and said , WE NEED TO SETTLE UP. I and my co-leader were shocked by her demeanor and the request for yet more money. I said I would handle it and sent the other adult and the boys outside. I explained what I had already paid and she said, we charge a $100 minimum for tours. I said that is not what was explained to me on the phone by Rose. I had already sent in $50 and as it was we had one adult and one boy cancel last minute. She was brusque and said,' I'll have you talk to Rose.' Well apparently Rose was really nearby because the daughter went away and I could HEAR her tell Rose that she needed to come talk to me. Rose said 'what does she want?' and the daughter said that I didn't want to pay the additional $50. Rose sighed and said , tell her tours are $100 min. The daughter said something unintelligible and then Rose sighed again and stomped out to talk to me. I was polite and said, 'oh your Rose, it's nice to meet you. I'm Brenda' and she would have none of it. She just said 'we charge a $100 min. for tours. I told you that.' I said ma'am I never knew any of that. I re-explained the pricing she had mentioned to me on the phone and what I sent in awhile. She would have none of that. She said, well it's a hundred dollars and walked off.
I was sick to my stomach. The house was cool and the tour was nice but not even an hour and not worth $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said I would need to get my purse and went outside. My co-leader was upset too, as the pricing was clearly misrepresented. Had we known, we would have never visited this place and I would have never purchased the voucher from the show.
We gave them an additional check for $50, left quickly and felt sick. It was a horrible way to end a decent experience. No way is that tour worth $100!!! They misused the show certificate and then gouged us for more and we really felt like we were getting the shakedown. Bottom line: it's fine if you want to build a castle but you guys should not be in the customer service business!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
24  Thank Momathome09

Been to RavenStone Castle? Share your experiences!