“First time visit, coming back for more!”
Review of La Trinidad

La Trinidad
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Harvard
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Harvard is a small town, not a huge selection of restaurants, so was very happy to find La Trinidad. Complimentary chips and salsa are served immediately and the server was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is nicely done in a Southwestern motif, good lighting, clean and Spanish music playing in the background. I kept my order simple, beef taco dinner. Comes with rice and beans. My girlfriend ordered Lengua with red sauce. Both dishes were delicious. I've never tasted Lengua (tongue) and I was not disappointed. Tender and flavorful, I had to beg my girlfriend for more samples. The beef tacos I ordered were great as well. We will be going back to La Trinidad soon, maybe tonight!

There are newer reviews for La Trinidad

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I came here a couple of days ago with the lady. We were in the area to run an errand and were craving some Mexican food. We found this place using Google.
I read the reviews on Yelp - damn if some people don't think they are Anthony Bourdain. Criticizing the place on atmosphere - one girl dinged the place because it "looks like it used to be an Italian place."
It did used to be an Italian place - an Italian place called Pizza Hut. Who cares?
We walked in around 4:00 PM and the place was nearly empty but it was still during the off-hours. We were warmly greeted and promptly attended to.
The chips and salsa were good - good flavor and just enough bite. We ordered some pico de gallo - and wow! A whole lot of pico with a whole lot of flavor.
After our food came my GF declared that she had just had the best sope she has ever had in her life. She also had a bean and cheese hurache that was delicious.
I had something called a bomba - combos unique to the restaurant comprised of different meats cooked together in red and green sauce. I had the Bomba Santa Cruz which was carne asada, chorizo, and roast pork cooked together and covered with cheese. After the first bite I was in disbelief that I had just tasted that. Several bites later - after demolishing my meal, I decided that yes, I had tasted that.
The beans and rice were not the best but not the worst. The corn tortillas were amazing.
Our waitress told us that the chef on duty, Jaime, is popular with the regulars there. He has his own way of doing things that has caught on at the Woodstock location as well. You can call ahead to see if he is working.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. I live about 40 minutes from here and am ready looking for excuses to get back here.