Mirihi Island Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$315
US$752
US$591
US$1,615
  • Pool
Maafushivaru(Southern Ari Atoll)
US$867
  • Breakfast included
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
US$451
US$439
  • Restaurant
US$384
US$318
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Island Resort & Spa(Maamingili Island)
US$143
  • Beachfront
LUX* South Ari Atoll(Dhidhoofinolhu Island)
US$1,214
US$786
Diamonds Thudufushi(Thudufushi Island)
US$667
US$549
  • Beachfront
Sun Island Resort and Spa(Nalaguraidhoo Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,052 results
All reviewswhale sharkshalf boardfishwater villasemi circleour honeymoonhis teamsunset cocktailsa la carte restaurantno shoesbreakfast and dinnerasian nightmanta pointother resortssmall resortping pong tablemarine life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed on Mirihi for 7 nights, from the 19th of July to the 26th. We went to the Maldives last year and as soon as we returned I knew that we had to go back this year for our first anniversary. Mirihi was top of my list of islands, mainly because of the reputation of the house reef and the consistently great reviews it gets on here. I had very high expectations and I was definitely not at all disappointed.

Stepping off the boat from the sea plane and walking up the jetty was like arriving in paradise. We were greeted by Bastian who was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout our stay – as were all staff. Martin, the manager, also came to meet us for a brief introduction to the island. Throughout our stay all staff were first class – helpful, friendly, informative but without being overbearing. Perfect!

We stayed in a water villa, number 29, which is on the horseshoe shaped set of villas. The villa was great. From looking at photos online I thought it might be a bit small but it was spacious and very well designed. It felt very private and peaceful. We could snorkel straight from our deck, although at low tide we felt it was better to use the snorkelling channel.

The snorkelling was fabulous – so much coral! We were really impressed with the amount of reef life at Vilamendhoo the previous week but the snorkelling at Mirihi was probably better – there was far more coral. We spent a lot more time slowly exploring the reef. The highlight for me was seeing two turtles. I’d been waiting a long time to see them. We also saw an octopus, eels, eagle rays, reef sharks and all the usual fish and some that I hadn’t seen before e.g. batfish.

The highlight of our holiday was the whale shark trip we went on. I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life. The trips the previous week at Vilamendhoo had been disappointing for me but this one was amazing. For a start the boat was lovely. We were lucky with the weather and the sea was very calm. Perhaps the most important factor was that the boat wasn’t overly full. There were only 9 of us on the trip. The staff on the boat were great. We spotted and swam with 3 whale sharks. The third time was the best experience. The shark was in between 7 and 8 metres and 4 of us managed to swim alongside for about 20 minutes. It was beautiful. We then had a gorgeous lunch on board the boat. After a spot of relaxation we went in search of mantas. There seemed to be a lot of plankton in the water so we were lucky. We swam with in between 20 and 25 mantas. It was quite overwhelming – in a good way! Sometimes there were as many as 7 mantas circling around us. It felt like an absolute privilege to have had the opportunity to see such amazing creatures. The day was rounded off very nicely with a bottle of Prosecco and a birthday cake which had been left in our room the evening before for my husband’s birthday.

We were very happy with the standard of food on the island. We don’t usually like buffet food but it was excellent. I’m quite a fussy eater e.g. the only meat I will eat is chicken and I’m not great with fish either – but there was always plenty of choice for me. Felix, the head chef, was always very attentive and took time to explain different dishes. We ate at the Muraka restaurant on the evening of my husband’s birthday. I was shown a vegetarian menu at lunch time so that the chefs could prepare dishes for me. The food was delicious and it is a beautiful spot to relax and watch the sunset with a drink. It was faultless. We were on half board so at lunchtimes we ate at the bar, which was so peaceful and relaxing. There was a really good choice of snacks and meals available. My husband said it was the best club sandwich and the best burger he’s ever tasted – and believe me he has tasted many! Service at the bar was excellent and I swear the delicious cocktails got stronger as the week went on.

The island was very quiet the week we were there, which was fine for us. The atmosphere was very laid back, relaxed and friendly and we met some great people. The beach was absolutely beautiful – picture perfect. No complaints really.

To sum it up, Mirihi is the first place in 11 years of travelling with my husband that he has said that he would definitely return to – that’s how good it was!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cakestin
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Like many others, we had very high expectations. We'd spent ages reading up, long lists of Pros & Cons for each resort, but once we came across the fantastic reviews of Mirihi (and comments on the forum), felt we'd found the one! Months of reading reviews only heightened this and we had even higher expectations. We actually travelled in June 2010, so apologies for the delay in writing the review!

We flew BA (great service, on time ,half empty plane - both ways) and we greeted by the handlers at Male airport. A quick bus ride to the sea plane and we were immediately greeted by a Mirihi representative and whisked off to our private lounge - no waiting in queues for us. The lounge was a great example of what was to come -very laid back, brilliant service.

Landing in Mirihi, I don't think we stopped saying 'wow' for 24hours (or 2 weeks actually). Shoes taken, drinks provided, tour around the island, seeing our room...all perfect and brilliantly done! We stayed in Room 20 (last in the line before the horse-shoe). Room 20 was absolutely brilliant - yes there are a couple of places on the walkway where people can see your balcony (which some may not like). But- you never ever see anyone, and no-one is hardly going to stay there watching you! Plus no one ever goes by the room itself. The benefits of Room 20....less worn than other rooms, but the main benefit - absolutely amazing sunrise's every morning, and lovely uninteruppted views. We'd wake up early, make a nesspresso and sit on the balcony watching the sunrise...bliss. Plus sunshine until late, late afternoon!

We went on a Whale Shark Seeker cruise – great value for money (the price decreases with more people) and had an absolutely brilliant day – snorkelled with 2 Whale Sharks and went to a lovely reef as well. Drinks and lunch were lovely. It was also a great opportunity to meet others, which was lovely for a couple of late night drinks at the bar.

The reef was amazing - snorkling and diving on it was great. I never knew I’d find baby shark so cute! The variety of fish, corals and condition of the reef was amazing. We saw 8 Eagle Ray’s one afternoon on the reef – amazing.

The Dive centre were brilliant. My OH did his Advanced while we were there, and we both did our Nitrox. The dive centre staff were brilliant - very professional, great fun and lots of laugh's. We dived every day and had some of the best dives I’ve ever had (I’ve been fortunate to dive in quite a few countries). The colours as well as the variety of fish life was brilliant. The dive centre were so flexible and ensured we got to see everything we wanted to. We were fortunate to dive with 2 Whale Sharks and a couple of manta’s – along with so many other types/sizes of fish.

The spa was really great as well – with His & Hers massage being great value (includes a bottle of lovely champers). We had several treatments and loved them. Not sure we noticed the difference between the different types of massages – but it really didn’t matter, they were so good.

We had one small issue, but once realising they’d made a mistake, the GM and his team couldn’t do enough to make it up for us – which was really nice (and it was a really minor issue).

As others have said – food was brilliant (the buffet and the bar food – we never quite made it to the restaurant despite meaning to).

All in all – an absolutely fantastic place – completely chilled pace of life and the staff work very hard to make it so (and take pride in doing so). We loved it and will be going back for our honeymoon (very unusual for us to return somewhere – but it’s that special!).

Room Tip: Email and ask (lots of the forum about it) - depends if you want ongoing access to snorkling, or all day sun etc
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Georgina2207
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stayed at the Mirihi in October 2008 for two weeks, at bungalow 29.
We wanted to be in a private bungalow, and enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving, and that's what we obtained!
It's a fantastic Hotel, good conditioned and adapted to preserve nature, the crew (leaded by Peter) were very kind and helpful
Our bungalow, the number 29, was well furnished, and the open bathroom over the water was unbelievable. The terrace, very private, has an access to the sea and a shower, that is perfect to stay 5 hours snorkeling!
To practice snorkeling and ensure to have water enough and better reefs, the group of bungalows at the end of the Island are better than the side-along ones.
The Diving crew, a very proffesional german team, were well organized and the excursions are correctly announced.
The only thing to say is that the island is so tiny, so we spent 5 minutes to walk around it. It's 50 meters width and 300 meters long, so it is not appropriate for those people want to jogging!
Regarding the restaurant, is good, high quality made, but not so much variated. Dishes are repeated and we would have be grateful to have more fish and meat options.
However, we spent fantastic days there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PMG_MAD
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This has to be the most amazing place on Earth! The staff are fantastic from the minute you arrive - the service is incredible. The accommodation is spotless and everything is of the highest quality. The rooms are huge, the bathrooms lovely with their glass doors opening onto the sea....total privacy, so you can shower without closing the shutters. The coral reef with all the wonderful fish are just below you and the tranquility is heaven. We even manage to snorkel at night from our patio, as there is a light underneath the water chalets...There is amazing choice of food - the buffet style evening meals are fantastic. I once again departed with a few added pounds...LoL... :o))) Snorkeling was really good, really nice house reef with good coral, tons of fishes and we saw 2 turtles, reef sharks when snorkeling on the house reef. Diving was also quite good. I saw a few eagle ray and stingray and tons of beautiful fish. The highlight was diving the last day and we manage to see Manta ray's and Whale Sharks... Awesome, awesome!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nazley
Reviewed 29 July 2011

After more then five stays we still consider this one of the very best places to be on the Maldives. It is the mix of respectful friendly service, cultivated (not arrogant) guests, a relaxed atmosphere, a very good kitchen under the leadership of Chef de cuisine Bamert, a very good diving center (with Hassan, THE diver master you must have) and one of the best small SPAs I have ever seen (a daily treat to be in heaven). Fortunately the Island chief has come back, Martin Vossen, who pushes the crew to improve from year to year.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple