“Best of the best”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Mirihi
Price range: US$30 - US$95
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Muraka Restaurant is located over the blue lagoon of Mirihi Island. Fine Dining A-la-carte at its very best is on offer as well as the specialty Lobster Dinner and Wine & Dine, where a series of freshly prepared, tantalizing dishes are accompanied by carefully selected matching wines from our award-winning, international wine list. The restaurant itself features a central open, illuminated viewing area so the passing marine life can be observed throughout your evening. Muraka is also the setting for sunset cocktails, having the perfect position looking back across the idyllic island of Mirihi.
Maldives
“Best of the best”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Nice view , nice meals and desserts , very good servive , nicely done decor...
I would come everyday if I can :)

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“World Class Food, 5 Star service!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have just put up a review for Mirihi which explains our story a bit more.

In brief, we are vegan and although we gave plenty of notice of our arrival and asked for options, we were left disappointed at the buffet because they basically offered us soup, salad and fruit cocktails whilst everyone else ate like kings...So we talked to management and they went above and beyond by offering us a bespoke menu at Muraka for every remaining evening of our holiday (which we gladly accepted!).

The chefs here are unbelievable- seriously world class and we can't thank them enough for the effort they went to to ensure we left happy. It's difficult enough to create stunning food, but to create stunning food with limited resources, no meat/dairy/eggs as your base and less than 24 hours notice to create the menu...? This shows pure talent and creativeness! It's a shame we had to complain to get this service, but it totally made our holiday!

They created a 5-course vegan menu each night and the manager came out to check each night how we were getting on. The portions were perfect and we left full and delighted! They made us a variety of salads, risotto, sushi, homemade spring rolls, curries, potato cakes, tempura, etc.....It was all just beautiful!
To then top this off, each night they created a full vegan dessert for us (that was more than just a fruit salad!!!) This was to our genuine surprise- I'm assuming they maybe did some homework online as they made us vegan ice cream (from bananas), dark chocolate fudge cake, pumpkin pie....It just blew our mind. We could tell it was all vegan (after a while you start to really recognise the difference) and felt so touched at the lengths they had gone to.
I've added some photos to give you an idea of how great it all was- I read online that they are upgrading, so I can imagine it will be even better in 2015 and I urge everyone who is visiting to go here (or I hear it may even be possible to eat here whilst staying at nearby islands, like the Hilton etc)...

Thank you so so much to the head chef and the bar manager (Roy i think his name was?) who assisted us with all this- you made a once in a lifetime holiday so special and I'm sorry it has taken this long for me to get round to reviewing Muraka.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Nikki S
Calgary, Canada
“Best Food on Earth!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our stay at Mirihi started with the Wine & Dine. Felix the head Chef and Roy made a special exception so that we could enjoy the Wine & Dine experience a second time during our stay. Also, we had the lobster special one night at Muraka. So of our 7 nights, we ate at Muraka 3 times. For starters the ambience was amazing on the edge of the water with nothing else in sight other than the active marine life in the water and the stars above. All of the staff starting with the head chef Felix, and Roy, and support staff were extremely professional and yet very personable, fun, and friendly. Roy really knows his wines and we had the opportunity to taste some of the best on the planet. I can't say enough about Felix. He is the best Chef hands down anywhere in the world anytime and despite working long hours to ensure every thing from presentation through to our final bite each meal was spectacular he always took time to drop by to check things with us personally. I think Mirihi is lucky to have Felix and Roy. Despite my wife and I not being big eaters, our meals at Muraka were truly a highlight of our stay at the Mirihi resort. I've never so much, so good. My mouth is watering as I write this thinking back. Can't wait to return someday! Thanks Felix, Roy, and staff. Amazing!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jason M
London
“Best view with nice meal”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Muraka restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Maldives, or possibly even around the world.

Just to give a little background before my review, we enjoy fine dining restaurants and have dined at quite a few iconic restaurants at tropicals, including the underwater restaurant at Kihavah in Maldives, Lagoon by Jean Georges at St Regis Bora Bora, many two/ three Michelline Star restaurants in five star hotels including Nobu, Inagiku, Ryu Gin ( Japanese ) and restaurants by Joel Robuchon, or Pierre Gagnaire, and a few more. I am impressed by the location, setting of Muraka at Mirihi, and the chef,a big thank you for who creates the nice choices and who cooked for us. ( still not sure who is Felix.)

It's my second trip to Mirihi and first time ( but 3 nights in a row ) at Muraka. The restaurant, food and staffs were so good that I have to leave a separate review for Muraka otherwise my Mirihi review will be endless.

Muraka, as Mirihi itself, is not known for the showy and superficial luxury but rustic and low key.

First of all the location of Muraka is stunning, after a few trips in Maldives, we noticed not all over water restaurants in the country have such gorgeous sunset view, actually very few has direct sunset view due to the layout of the resorts. All tables outside are near the water edge, nice view with comfy breeze.Secondly the food here is excellent, which I wasn't expect at all but will have to entail later. Last but not least the service is very personal and the whole dining experience was pleasant. The new resort general manager Ulrich and his team ( Nicky and others) also visit Muraka every night to make sure all guests needs are met or to share the joy of their stay.

On our first time we had lobster as starter and main. I am pretty confident to comment that they cook one of the best lobsters in Maldives. Although my lobster was very nice, my favorite was the red snapper. We ordered it almost every time, it tasted like lobster or prawns because it was just so fresh! The other surprise was the Bento Box, whilst some other resorts are trying very hard to promote their ( not so tasty) Japanese Teriyaki Restaurants, I am very impressed by the scallops, tuna, duck foie gras and fish in the Bento Box ( sorry forgot which fish was the fourth, it was very good but I requested to replace it with red snapper on my last meal as we just can't resist the temptation of it and I promise you it's very hard to find the same quality elsewhere.) Scallops as starter was nice too, duck was not bad although I prefer to have seafood in Maldives.(an obvious, fresher choice).

We loved the Bento box ( it's actually for sharing) so much that we on our last night we decided to order two so that we didn't have to share it.The sweetest waiter and chef suggested us to order a Bento Box and a Seafood Platter ( which costed exactly the same) to share between us, that was an excellent idea and thank you very much!

The dessert was very nice too although we tried not to put on too much weight after each holiday hence only had the ice cream with chocolate cake on our last night. It was excellent by all means, otherwise we would have ordered it every meal. I am sure they have more to be explored by those who have sweet mouths.

To make the most of your evening I suggest to come around when it opens at 6pm, have a glass of wine/ champaign or cocktail ( mock-tail), explore the mouthwatering menu whilst watching the sunsetting,make your order then the dinner will be prepared and finally enjoy your evening with one of the best restaurants in Maldives. Fish swim underneath the deck too. The ambience is very nice, relax and I can smell the romance in the air.

One of the many reasons drives me back to Mirihi was the buffet we had last year, ( nowhere else provides such quality.) this year I found a new favorite and knew where to return.Thank you so much Roy ( the restaurant and bar manager) and his team, Adam, Fayat, and many others. Also a big thank you for Bastian who suggested the restaurant to us last year, even we did not make it last time.

Just go and enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank SunnynnuS
Seattle
“Worth the extra”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is the a la cart restaurant at Mirihi Resort. The food is exquisite; seafood focus, and very good wine list. The staff is very attentive and personalble. The menu is significantly different than the buffet restaurant both in ingredients and execution, so you feel that you are getting something special.

You can also go for cocktails at sunset which is lovely and service equally special.

• Visited June 2013