Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Paradorn C
Bangkok, Thailand

Amazing resort with heartwarming hospitality

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Dec 2015
My family and I had an amazing time while we were staying at Dusit Thani Maldives. Initially, we were worried since we have two seniors within our group (82 & 85 yrs old) since they might have trouble moving around the resort, but we couldn't be more wrong. Our grandmothers were provided with great service from our butler who provide us with golf cart service during the entire trip. I have been to Maldives three times and I can say that the service here is a level above the other two resorts that I have visited.

Regarding the food, I recommend every guest that planned to come here to visit the Benjarong Thai restaurant. I am from Thailand and I can say that they can cook very good Thai food here. However, I think the buffet at the Market restaurant still has some room for improvement. We stay in ocean villa and the room is very nice and was kept in very good condition.

All in all, I would like to thanks all the stuff,especially K. Chris (resident manager) and K. Zoe (Our butler), for giving us such a memorable experience. I would recommend the guest reading this review to try an visit Dusit Thaini Maldives.

Paradorn & Family
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 21 Dec 2015
Khob khun krub Paradorn C!

Thank you very much for writing this glowing feedback regarding your holiday at Dusit Thani. Indeed, we are truly elated to read your compliments, especially so coming from frequent travelers to the Maldives. We are overwhelmed with your kind words for our exceptional service and hospitality.

The team is delighted to know that you relished our delicious culinary creations especially appreciated by the team at our signature restaurant Benjarong, where we aim to take our diners to the Land of Smiles with authentic delicacies. You will be pleased to know that we are also developing new themes for our Market buffet.

We appreciate your commendation for Khun Kris and Khun Zoe, it is always a rewarding moment for us when guests recognize our team members by name. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and indeed, it has been our pleasure to have you with us. We look forward to welcome you back to our breathtaking Mudhdhoo Island.

£1,231
£110
4.5 miles from Dusit Thani Maldives
View more hotels in Mudhdhoo
2,676 results
All reviews sea grill ocean villa sand bar thai restaurant fish pure indulgence dive center naan special thanks infinity pool our honeymoon sea turtles marine life male airport kids club family beach the general manager
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2015

We had the pleasure of staying just after the grand opening in one of the Ocean Villas. The rooms were beautifully designed and well appointed. Relaxing in the pool while overlooking the ocean was extremely pleasurable. The main pool is beautifully designed. We enjoyed multiple spa treatments and the "treehouse" concept is quite unique and nice. While some may complain about the additional seaplane flight/cost, we actually found it one of the more enjoyable parts of the vacation as well. All of our meals were very good. The staff was attentive and kind and not intrusive. Would definitely visit again.

3  Thank Patrick B
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear ThePrincelyTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience here on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to know when guests are delighted with their Dusit Thani experience.

We appreciate your taking notice of the intricacies and design details that we have incorporated into our Villas, especially the Ocean Villas where the picturesque views and sound of the waves create an ideal setting for relaxation.

Our signature Devarana Spa is devoted to premium treatments focused on pampering and wellness, we are delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful rejuvenating treatments we have on offer.

Seaplane transfers are definitely a more interesting choice. The experience of taking off from the sea, and flying above the islands with a panoramic view is something not all destinations can offer, and we are thrilled that you were able to enjoy this moment.

It is our aim to deliver the Dusit standard of excellent service at all times and we are honoured by your kind words. Khob khun krub and please let us know if we can assist to plan your next Maldivian adventure, we look forward to welcome you back to our sparkling shores!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

My girlfriends and I recently travelled to the Maldives for a long weekend, and had the most amazing time at the Dusit Thani Maldives. From the moment we landed to saying our goodbye to the Maldives, the service was unbelievable. The Dusit representative met us upon arrival and immediately took care of checking us and our luggage in for the sea plane. She then accompanied us to sea plane departure area (about 10 minutes bus ride from the Male Airport), and welcomed us to the Dusit private lounge. When it was time to leave, she once again accompanied us to the hold room and made sure we were checked in and ready to go. The sea plane was about 50 minutes (including a short drop off at another island hotel). We were greeted at the Dusit by the General Manager and his staff. It was such an overwhelmingly warm welcome! We were then taken to our Ocean Water Villa, with our luggage to follow. The room is huge with a large terrace and plunge pool overlooking the ocean. Unfortunately, the water just outside of the villa was a bit choppy with large rocks, so I wasn't able to take advantage of taking a dip in our "backyard ocean." Not a complaint at all, considering the beauty of the whole resort. I had been to the Maldives before, and my biggest complaint about the previous resort was that the food selection was extremely poor and limited. Not the Dusit! From breakfast, to the mid day snacks/tapas, and dinner, everything was delicious! We were in amazement that they had such amazing quality and fresh ingredients considering that the hotels in the Maldives are so isolated. We couldn't compliment the chefs enough! We dined at the Sea Grill and also their Thai restaurant for dinner and The Market for breakfast. We enjoyed every single dish! Surrounded by the beauty of the Maldives and the amazing food and drinks already warrant an amazing holiday, but what I believe set Dusit Thani Maldives over and above was their service. From the General Manager to the bartender Khasmir (sp?) and everyone in-between, we couldn't have felt more welcome. Everyone on the island knew our name and would greet us by name. They were all so friendly and kind and were always more than willing to assist us with any of our needs. Our villa butler and cleaner really took such great care of us during our entire stay. I would recommend this resort over and over again, and I look forward to another visit!
We stayed in an Ocean Water Villa with breakfast included. The prices were quite reasonable for F&B, especially for the Maldives. We also had a spa session each, taking advantage of their specials. 90 minutes for USD150...a great deal! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do any of the many activities on offer. Hopefully, next time! Thank you Dusit Thani Maldives!

4  Thank shallowal16

Dear shallowal16,

On behalf of the entire team, our sincerest Thank You for your delightful description of your amazing vacation! We are humbled that you admired the level of service we provide our guests, in our goal to continuously deliver authentic, gracious Thai hospitality and create the magic of a unique experience in the Maldives. I will certainly share your appreciations to our Dusit Thani Team, especially Khasmir who was recognized by name.

We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your villa which is certainly a favourite among our visitors, providing spacious interiors and panoramic views of the turquoise waters. This tranquil ambience coupled with gastronomic delights make for the ultimate vacation. Our award-winning culinary team is pleased that you appreciated our delectable cuisine offered in all our restaurants. The whole team is motivated to read your glowing reviews.

We continuously endeavor to create a mix of entertainment for our guests and it is a pleasure to know that you were able to experience ultimate relaxation at our signature Devarana Spa. Thank you for your earnest recommendation and we hope to welcome you back for more island escapades!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

Finally have time to review this impressive resort. We stayed there from Feb 16-20 2014 for mommy and daughter birthday trip. When we stepped into the ocean villa, my jaw dropped! The view was insanely beautiful! I'm very picky when it come to cleanness and the design of the room. I have to say it was perfect! Everything morning waking up to the ocean wave and the sea breeze are amazing.
I LOVE their breakfast buffet. I love how they had Thai noodle in soup. I had a bowl of this goodness every single morning. And the fruit selections is unbelievable. For someone who doesn't get to eat good Thai food and tropical fruit. I was in food heaven. I have to say the reason why i picked this Thai group resort cause I wanted to have good asian/thai food. If you are having a drink at the sala bar, make sure you try the prawn chips. I wish i get to pack those to go with me. As for the other restaurants, they weren't as good as the breakfast and a bit over priced.

I noticed the deck has been upgraded. Which is great, cause my mom and I both got splinter from walking on the deck barefoot ouch. We requested few times to have a lower bike and they never delivered. The bicycle was a bit hard to maneuver for someone who had never been on a backpedal bike brake. Needless to say, i wiped out. I visited the doctor three times during my stay. I forgot the doctor name, but he was very helpful and friendly, that goes to all the staff as well.

We were very fortunate to have late check-out. We got to enjoy last bit of this wonderful resort.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank grayceln
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2015

Dear Grace L,

Sawasdee Krub!

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your amazing experience here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you are pleased with our offerings: from our varied culinary delights and our wonderful villas, to our friendly staff. Indeed we are proud to share that we are part of the Baa Atoll community, the first ever UNESCO Biosphere reserve in the Maldives.

Thank you for bringing your useful suggestions to my attention. We apologize for the difficulty you experienced with our bicycles, which are classic models with pedal brakes that can be stopped by pedaling backwards. While we ensure that our guests are thoroughly briefed by our butlers on the correct usage, it does take some time to get used to. You will be pleased to know that we now have lower bikes available, as well as having a few hand brake models that you can request for in exchange.

Aside from touches of Thai features in our areas and villas, our oriental heritage is also evident with our sumptuous Thai cuisine at our signature restaurant Benjarong where we aim to take our diners to the Land of Smiles with authentic delicacies infused with Thai elements in an over water setting. Reading about your appreciations of our culinary creations bring great pride to our Culinary Team.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to giving you more memorable experiences on your next visit with us!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

A few years ago Virgin Holidays had a campaign promoted their service level saying that customers booking with them could expect to be 'Treated like Rockstars'. An interesting and headline grabbing statement but surely no resort on earth could provide such a service could they?. WRONG - Dusit Thani Maldives offer such a high level of service you do feel like celebrities and yes, even Rockstars!
This was our second visit to DT and our 20th trip to the Maldives and it was quite easily the best week we have ever spent in the region. The rooms were fantastic, the food, under the guidance of Executive Chef Cameron, a genial Scotsman with a love and knowledge of all things culinary, was a major highlight throughout the week. Their Benjarong restaurant served Thai food better then any I have eaten anywhere in the World and the Sea grill was a close second choice for superb steaks and fresh fish. Dusit Thani is a beautiful island, with a wonderful house reef, lovely unspoilt beaches and well cared for gardens but it is the staff that really make this island unforgettable which is testament to the manager Joachim Schuette, an amiable German with vast experience and obviously exceptional leadership skills. We will be going back for a third visit and maybe even a fourth or fifth - we do have a Rockstar lifestyle to live up to! (Quick thanks to Azem, Riyaz, Alex, Naseem, Katy, Rebecca and the wonderful dulcet tones of resident duo Stephan and Linia)

Room tip: All beach villas and water villas have a wow factor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 729alann
DusitThaniMaldives, General Manager at Dusit Thani Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Khob khun krub Alan N!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will certainly share your enthusiastic words of praise to the whole team. I am delighted that our team made your holiday unforgettable and delivered our Dusit standard of service from start to finish.

It is always our pleasure to serve discerning guests who are frequent visitors to the Maldives. We sincerely appreciate you for taking valuable time to share your comments with us. Beach and Water Villas are definitely a favorite, where our villas are fronted by a wide and lovely white sandy beach or picturesque views of the ocean meeting the sky. Our food and beverage team led by Chef Cameron ensure that you are personally taken care of. I will certainly extend your thanks to them especially to our crew in Benjarong.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next adventure, please always feel free to contact me or any of the team members should you wish to revisit our little piece of paradise! ROCK ON!

Reviewed 7 December 2015

I really advise you to go to Dusit Thani. Simply the best. Amazing workers with a very good sense of humor. Nice rooms with an amazing view. 5 star food. I got 4 words for you people "Go to Dusit Thani". DONE

Room tip: there are many types of rooms. I recommend the ones that are like little chalets which are the ones who have a view of the sea
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank hamani i

Dear Hamani I,

We love the straight-to-the-point review of our beautiful resort! Another 4 words: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

It is our pleasure to know that we were able to create cherished memories for you and your family on our island paradise. Do let us know when you would like to return for another sunny escapade! Khob khun krub!