We reached the resort to an amazing welcome of song and dance. The resort is extremely well-kept and the staff is helpful and friendly. We were staying at the water villas and the rooms are better than what they look in the pictures…trust me. The restaurants are on the other side of the water villas so it is a good 10 minute walk and the food was quite nice I must say. They had a different spread every day and the restaurant staff are well trained. A few things to note:
1. Set your watches the moment you arrive at the Resort to the timings they tell you else you will miss your buffets…We did. (If I remember correctly there is a time difference of an hour between Male time and the resort time)
2. Try and experience all the water sports they offer. It’s a lot of fun.
3. Water villas are worth it
4. Travel from Male to the resort is in a shared sea plane so be prepared to wait for other flights to arrive before you all are taken to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komandoo Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only resort on the island of Komandoo, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 500 meters long by 200 meters wide, about 10 Hectares (25 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. Komandoo welcome guests 18 years and older. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komandoo Maldives Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komandoo Maldive Island Hotel Lhaviyani Atoll
- Hotel Komandoo Maldive Island
- Komandoo Island Resort