“You get what you pay for....”
Review of Cardinal Inn

Cardinal Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highland
Cardinal Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Highland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here in February for an unexpected funeral and the only other hotel was a Holiday Inn. We wanted to save some money - thus the Cardinal Inn. It snowed while we were there and quite frankly the parking lot, pathways to rooms upstairs and steps to 'office' were treacherous. I was worried about my mother-in-law falling! I asked if they were planning to salt, or shovel in office but never got much of an answer. The owner was an elderly lady with a cute dog, but really was not interested in anything but taking the $$.I think we paid around $70 per night.

The beds felt clean enough but bathrooms, carpets, curtains, bedspreads and dressers, not so much. My sister-in-law had dirty towels and face clothes in her room when she checked in. Plus all three rooms we had reeked of smoke.

Now the positives are that the rooms are HUGE and fabulously funny as the wallpaper alone is conversation worthy - like black velvet, chevron or flowers - I attached pictures. :)

So I guess if you are looking for something cheaper than Holiday Inn, stay here, but honestly if there is a next time we will go to Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaOsc
Reviewed 27 February 2014

what great in-expesive place to stay the rooms r spacious , very clean , friendly owner and staff .this place was built inn early 60s but very well kept up my hat gpoes off to the owner and staff keep up the good work and i will be back and tell others about this neat little place.

Room Tip: up stairs rooms ar more family oriented with couch and carpeted floors they do accept pets and non s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank george j
Reviewed 20 November 2011

You get what you pay for. This is a throwback to the days before the Interstate system. It was clean and basic. The only issue I had was a lack of internet. On the plus side, it was half the price of the Holiday Inn down the street!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank darianwiccan
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This a little bitty but charmingly funky hotel near the center of Highland Illinois. It was built by the owners in the 1960s but they keep it up and it is really nice. Spacious (huge) rooms and very friendly people -- a hard combination to beat. But more, it is also the least expensive lodging in the area. If you are staying over in Highland, check it out. BTW, the name is new -- the sign outside called the hotel "Choices," -- hope they change it soon.

Room Tip: Call 618-654-4433 to check since there are only about 10 or 12 units.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Zakan_11

Been to Cardinal Inn? Share your experiences!