“Excellence in Flavor, service, cleanliness, etc.”
Review of Blue Springs Cafe

Blue Springs Cafe
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is divine! Excellent service, excellent food, and mile high, homemade cream and fruit pies that will make you feel as if you died and went to heaven! Well worth the stop!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch after seeing a sign on the road that said "as seen on tv". I have to say the place exceeded my expectations. I rarely order fried chicken because it rarely comes out w/o being greasy and dried out. However, I gave it a go and have to say that the chicken was moist, not greasy and made to order. The salad was fresh and the mash was homemade. I don't eat cat food or pickled beets,but for whatever reason most likely a warped childhood my assistant does. Any way,my assistant had the walleye fish sandwich and it was huge, not greasy and all together good according to her. She also loved the pickled beets.

There was so much on the plate that we couldn't finish but we did order some pie to go and it looks mighty fine. Our waitress was outstanding as well.0

2  Thank Cpt B
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This restaurant just off an I-70 exit west of St. Louis brags about its mile-hi pies, but offers lots of other, not-so-sugary options. My wife and I dropped in on a Sunday afternoon, only to find that the only option was a family style country dinner. But out waiter made an exception for us and let us order some toasted ravioli and a chef's salad. Entrees are always good at Blue Springs, but you are advised to leave room for pie. We selected blackberry--which is hard to find, generally--but plenty of other, both cream and fruit versions, are available. They only take cash or checks, but have an ATM on site. A nice place to stop.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Love coming here - great portions and mile high pies. They don't take credit card but they have an ATM on premise.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. I normally order the chicken livers , but decided to try the hamburger. This was a great decision as it is one of the best burgers I have ever had. It was obviously hand crafted, cooked to perfection, and wonderfully juicy. Fried onions and mushrooms were included at no additional charge. The fries are also worth mentioning as they have a light coating that adds another dimension of goodness. Since this was a $6.99 (that's not a typo) lunch special, I got another side besides the fries, and I chose the pickled beets. They were very tasty as well.