Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The Hotel receptionist Q was great, She was courteous, polite and informative about everything. She made the stay more hospitable for me and my family, I'm glad she was there! She is second to no one in her field of work, Again thank you Q, Your the best!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

It's welcoming news to hear your stay was a good one. Our staff is committed to servicing you and all of our guest. Please anytime in Hillside remember our great service and please do come back and stay with us!

Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had to travel right outside of Chicago for a funeral. This was one of the designated hotels offered to the family. I'm not usually a fan of Holiday Inn Express, but this was a decent place to stay for the $$ charged.

We stayed in a suite. The room was clean and spacious. There is a small 24 hr fitness room available and an indoor pool. They offer "complimentary" continental breakfast of eggs, ham, pastries, breads, cereals, yogurt, fruit and sausage gravy. Although I didn't have one, I hear their cinnamon rolls were amazing. The location is conveniently located off of a major highway. It's adjacent to a shopping center with Super Target, Ross, and Panda Express. So not too isolated. I wish there were more restaurants around, but there are a few fast food spots 1/2 mile or so away. We stayed two nights and it was "ok". Any more, and we would have been bored. Not too much to see/do in the area.

My major issue with this hotel is a lot of guys hang out in front. We couldn't determine if they were guests or workers of the hotel. But each evening they were just sitting out front smoking and talking. I thought it was a bit strange to see in a public location. They didn't bother us, but as a female I found it off-putting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Our prayers go out to you and your family regarding your lost. Our facility has great shopping and restaurants just 15 minutes away. I'm sorry that you were not aware of that but I hope in the future on a different occasion you come back to see that there is plenty to do. Also if you like shopping a new mall just opened only 25 minutes away from the hotel. Just a reminder in the future if there is something we can do for you just ask us. We are here to service you and no request is to big or to small.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great location for me. I was two minutes away from the office I need to go to plus I was an half hour away from the second office and forty five minutes to my last office. The front desk Q was awesome she was help full and kind to every one see saw. She is one of you best.. Room clean and I didn't hear the airport. About a Half hour using back road to get to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Great Location, Great Staff equals Great Stay! Everyone is committed to making sure our guest feel at home and welcomed. Please tell all your friends when in Chicago please stop by the Holiday Inn Express in Hillside and we will take care of them.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Good service, clean and nice hotel, helpful personnel, spacious room.
Free breakfast was OK, and Internet was excellent.
You need to take into account that the hotel is not close to the O'Hare airport and there is NO regular shuttle service to it: you need to pre-set each use of this single car shuttle, 40 minutes ahead. This makes the hotel inconvenient for getting to and from Chicago downtown without a car.

Room Tip: Don't take this hotel, if you wish to stay near the airport and explore Chicago without a car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Yes are staff are always helpful, we are here for you to make sure you get the best service. We do offer a shuttle from 5am to midnight. The train is only 10 minutes from the hotel and a short 30 minute ride into the city. You really do not need a car we can take you anywhere within 5 miles of our hotel. The shuttle is high in demand but if you schedule a drop off or pick up we will take care of you.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Good location right off of 290. Easy access to downtown Chicago. Quality hotel, friendly staff, well stocked and maintained breakfast selection. The hotel met our expectations of what one would expect for Holiday Inn Express.

If you are a deep dish/stuffed pizza fan you should try Giordano's Pizza located approximately 2 miles south of the hotel on the corner of Manheim and Cermak road. Wing Stop is located within walking distance of the hotel. Hillside bowling is located approximately 1 mile west of the Target Plaza. The hotel is located in the same plaza as the Target shopping center. Brookfield Zoo is an easy drive from the hotel using city streets. There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Glad to hear we met your expectations and some. We are in a great location as you stated everything is either in walking distance or a short 15 minute drive down 22nd. Our staff is welcoming and we are always making the effort to strive for more. Please come back anytime, we would love to have you!

Front Office Manger

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I travel extensively and I have stayed at this Hotel twice within the last year. All the personnel were extremely courteous and helpful. One young Lady especially named Q, who was working the front desk upon checking in, made it a point to learn and remember the guest names. Every time she saw me she remember my name and that says to me, she cares. Thanks Q, you made my 3 days there the best. My next trip to Chicago, will find me staying there because you cared. Thanks, you made me feel at home.

John Lane.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Great to hear! Q is a new addtion to our facility and we love her. She make everyone feel at home and yes she remembers everyones name, such a great touch. Please we are happy that you had a great stay and hope that all our guest feel the same way.

Front Office Manger

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Second visit to this hotel. At the front desk a young lady nQ made sure we had the room "with the view" we requested for our grandson. Breakfast was great !! All around wonderful experience ! We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to responde and provide input on your most recent visit with us. Yes, Q and the rest of our front desk staff love to ensure every guest has a positive experience.

Again thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next, third, stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
The Carleton of Oak Park
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West? Share your experiences!