“Mistake after mistake...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
columbus, oh
“Mistake after mistake...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2007

We have been travelling around the country for interviews this month. We booked this hotel at the last minute, as my boyfriend interviewed at Loyola for a position. First, the smell is still there, especially if you are outside of the hotel. The hotel staff was rude and unhelpful from the moment we got there. Told them we needed a shuttle the next morning and were told it would be no problem. Waited around for 45 minutes in the lobby ---while listening to the front desk person talk to friends on the phone the whole time---and the shuttle never came back, even though he had been saying for 30 minutes he was 2 minutes away. Finally, we decided to call a cab because he had to be there in 35 minutes and the manager happend to come out right then and offered to take us to Loyola. He was very apologetic and very helpful--kudos to him! No hot water the night before, and when I went to tell the front desk I was rudely told it would be back on soon. The hotel room was comfortable, and once inside we only noticed the smell when the wind blew a certain way.

The fun continues as the Hillside hotel proceeded to charge my credit card for the next 7 days and overdrafted my bank account the week of Christmas. There was some problem in accounting that nobody noticed that was charging people for every single day. I noticed it on day 4, but there were 3 more pending charges. Took days to get my money back and I was stuck in travelling with only a credit card.

• Liked — The beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — The front desk staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2007

Arrived late; was able to get good hot food. Looked like the place had been recently renovated. Definitely will come back.

• Liked — Everything was new
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2007

I stayed at this hotel during my first ever visit to Chicago back in April of this year. It was then a Holiday Inn. During my first stay, I noticed that the hotel was undergoing renovations. After my first visit, I told myself I would come back to this very hotel my next time in Chicago. I really enjoyed the hotel b/c of the friendly staff, as well as the great meals I had in the restaurant. The thing I enjoyed the most was the shuttle service. Being that it was my first time to Chicago, I did not know my way around. I relied heavily on the shuttle service and the entire staff was very friendly. When I arrived for my second visit, I got to the hotel and it looked amazing. It seemed as if the renovations had completed. The whole place looked awesome. My room was very comfortable and they still had the same friendly staff. I really think this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Liked — friendly staff and shuttle service
  • Disliked — i seriously enjoyed everything about my visit
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Carleton of Oak Park
BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Hillside? Share your experiences!