“The location was strange, but room and service was good”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Hillside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Euclid, Ohio
“The location was strange, but room and service was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Had a King room, no smoking. It was nice and comfortable. No free breakfast, but an all you can eat breakfast buffet for 9.95. We didn't bother though. The road the hotel sits on (Frontage) as were driving for the first time, I thought that maybe I had been taken. The road appears to seem abandon but then out of nowhere (thank goodness) the hotel appears. Maybe I shouldn't say the location is strange, its the ACCESS of the roads to the hotel that is strange. Nearby is a Super Target, which is located in a shopping plaza. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Very nice hotel, pleasant counter staff. The room was clean. 15 mins to town. The price was reasonable and we stayed an extra night. There was a charge for the breakfast buffet, but not excessive, 9.95 plus tax. Would recommend this hotel. The hotel has a guest laundry but theydon't promote it well and we only found out about it from the website.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice maker, it's very noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Good, clean room with nice amenities such as microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Definitely ask for a room not facing the highway as the hotel fronts the highway with not much real estate between the road and hotel. Price is pretty good, although I'm hard pressed to see a 3 star rating on certain "name your own price" websites. Perhaps it's the on site restaurant and the in-room amenities. I've stayed in 2 star hotels with comparable levels of cleanliness and features, minus a restaurant on site. The only thing I don't like is the location. Hillside, while not a "bad" town, is not as nice as neigboring towns just to the west. This Best Western is in a fairly industrial park type area, with the expressway right in view. The downside to those adjacent towns is that you're definitely going to pay more for a hotel of comparable level.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the expressway to avoid near round the clock Chicago traffic sounds.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cje123
Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

A nice clean place with a nice breakfast buffet. Just off Interstate 290 with easy access to the highway into and out of town.

Room Tip: stay in the north wing away from the highway side
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank potaracke
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We came on a church trip it was 87 of us. We were all located on the same floor and I have no complaints. Every room was ready when we got to the hotel at 3:00 pm. They do need to upgrade the tv in the rooms. Other than that the staff was helpful. The food i ate was good we had to order in the bar. I felt safe and we had a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Sexybern
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I chose this hotel because it was 4 miles from Loyola University Hospital and advertised a regular shuttle to and from this location. My son was in the burn unit at Loyola Hospital in Maywood. I had been up for over 24 hours dealing with his emergency and might have to face the amputation of his toes and feet. When I checked in, I immediately told the staff that I was going to put my bags in my room, come right down and then want to be transported to the hospital. When I got downstairs about 10 minutes later, the shuttle bus driver was at lunch. The front desk clerk, Mary, called him and said he had one passenger for Loyola and 2 for Cicero. He said, "I have 12 minutes left on my lunch. Mary said we would have to wait. We waited for another half-hour or so and Mary called him again. He said, "I am just finishing my lunch." I couldn't stand it anymore and said my son was facing an amputation and to finish it up. When he strolled up to the van he had attitude and was very cold.Even the male passengers were disgusted. After visiting my son I used a business card that the manager on duty had given me to call for a return ride. I called and called and it just kept going to voice mail. There was no main number on the card. I called the 800 number for Best Western and they had the Hillside manager to call me. She (still Mary) said that the manager had given me the wrong card and that someone would be there shortly. Now keep in mind, it is only 4 miles away AND advertised shuttle service to and from Loyola. One hour later the driver showed up. I had called the Best Western during my wait and they said that the shuttle was on another run and was going to pick me up on the way back. The other passenger had a take out bag from Olive Garden. The nice fellow that went to Cicero asked the driver to stop at Mr.Sub. I got my bags, and left the hotel without staying the night. If a family has a situation that may play out over days and needs a close place to stay, this is not it. This shuttle is for everything from fast food to joy rides. I addressed this was Mary and she said we got you there and back didn't we? I was too exhausted to argue. I don't plan to pay for the room or ever stay there again. We live 2 hours away. I'd rather make the drive. They do not offer a shuttle to Loyola for medical patient's families. They offer transportation for anyone who wants to go anywhere for any reason. If someone's life is on the line, or you are dealing with an emergent situation do not stay here. Loyola also has this place listed on their website as a place that shuttles. They need to correct that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank beth828

Travellers are raving about these Hillside hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Rooms were clean staff nice, not far from the airport and next to 290 which take you downtown... I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
The Carleton of Oak Park
BEST WESTERN PLUS O'Hare International South Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Hillside? Share your experiences!