Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
ExtendedStay
US$105
US$101
Hampton.com
Hyatt House Oak Brook(Oak Brook)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$151
US$163
US$152
Agoda.com
All reviewsbreakfast buffetforest parkbrookfield zooshuttle serviceroom was cleano'hare airporttrain stationwould stay here againvery nice hotelgreat place to stayblue linecoffee makerbwchicagoloyoladowntownexpressway
Reviewed 18 July 2013

It was not a terrible experience, but it was not great. The bathroom smelled like urine, the towels were not very good quality, and there was a burn mark on the comforter.
The staff was very friendly even though they were incredibly busy and booked up with people still coming in trying to get a room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by our recent stay at Best Western Hillside, IL
Everything was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The beds, in particular, were cozy and clean. As good as any Best Western I've ever stayed at.
We stayed here because all the downtown hotels were totally booked so we were a little concerned from some older, negative reviews. I want to say that, other than the noisy A/C, none of the concerns are valid, anymore. I actually like white noise when I sleep. :)
The staff was spot-on. They could not have been more cheerful and professional... remember that they were booked, solid. I was really impressed.
Little things like a free disposable razor from the front desk... I forgot mine and, extra free coffees were a bonus.
Oh, and it is really close to the Brookfield Zoo.
They have smoking rooms and are pet friendly.
Other than the drive to downtown on the I290 and the noisy A/C would rate 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We will never stay here again, so I advise everyone else to do the same. To begin with, most rooms aren't even close to what was promised online. Not only that, but the beds are full sized, not queen. Even worse, the hotel's pool was closed all day for chemical problems. We went down there at 10 (when it was supposed to be open) and it was locked. They explained that there were chemical issues. So, we went back down 3 hours later, and still the same problem. And just to make it worse, you had to pay an outrageous amount of money just for breakfast. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank hcm123
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed at this place the night of the 4th of July. Was woken up at 3:40 am by a man pounding and kicking my room's door and screaming to let him in. Terrified, I called the front desk who, after giggling a bit, sent security who in turn took way to long to respond. I did not sleep a wink all night. Next morning when checking out I mentioned the event and front desk just shrugged. No offer to refund, or discount fee. Stay away if you can.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in June 2013 and got a great stay 3 nights promotion ($82 US/night). Found the cheapest rate directly on their website. Breakfast is not included but if you ask front desk they give out vouchers for half off breakfast so works out to $5/per person which is a great deal for what they serve. Buffet style - few options such as pancakes, oatmeal, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, etc. There are servers coming around with tea/coffee/water.

The room was decent - fairly small - just two beds - no sofa or anything. Requested a quiet room and no issues. I found the carpets in the hallways smelt of cigarette smoke throughout the hotel. Pool is outdoor and weather didn't allow to use it.

Hotel is located just off the highway in a good location. There is a Super Target within 2 mins driving distance along with a few restaurants. The nearest "L" stop is Forest Park and is a 10 minute drive. $5 to park at the subway station or you can dropped off by the free shuttle service the hotel offers.

Overall for what you get for your money, its a great alternative to staying in the downtown core of Chicago where hotels are crazy expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family