“it's half-decent”

Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Positives: Good location (close to restaurants and a SuperTarget), and okay price, compared to ones further east. I liked the attention to décor; this hotel is definitely targeting business travelers.

Negatives: I had to wait for 10-15 minutes to check in at 8:30 p.m. Phone kept ringing, and the lone desk attendant was too busy to care. There's road construction on the highway, so you might not get much sleep. Our AC was also way too loud, so I had to wake up and turn it off at 4 in the morning. Also, my girlfriend claims she was bitten by bedbugs -- yes, bedbugs.

Room Tip: Away from the highway
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antonio T

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The price was great for Chicago. If you are looking for a good value this might be for you. However, the hotel is in need of upgrades particularly in the bedding and bath area.
The staff were friendly. Responded to our concern promptly which was appreciated. Business area was nice. The location was okay. Only spent two nights here can't say much more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 726Runner
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stay in Best Westerns almost exclusively, we are rewards members. Avoid this one! Burn hole in comforter in non smoking rooms. 2 rooms and the air conditioners were noisy and lacked the ability to cool. 2 of 3 nights, no wash cloths , hand towels or shampoo replacement. Went to Target across the street to avoid the hassle and got toiletries. Dirty hallways...coffee or dirt stains. 2nd room had trash in containers and water on the floor when we walked in. Surprise! There's a $9.95 charge for a minimal, silly breakfast buffet. There was a list of complaints longer than characters allowed in this review. We simply stopped calling the front desk and endured the stay as the complaints and repair attempts were getting time consuming and digging into our time in Chicago.This should not be a Best Western "Plus", it shouldn't be a Best Western anything. Dismal, dirty and an unfriendly staff at the buffet, seemingly were bothered when we asked them to fill the raisin bin at the oatmeal container...geeeeezzzzz.. We were sleep-deprived at departure. I complained for the first time ever directly to Best Western corporate on this stay. I'm waiting for a response from Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BobB586
Reviewed 18 July 2013

It was not a terrible experience, but it was not great. The bathroom smelled like urine, the towels were not very good quality, and there was a burn mark on the comforter.
The staff was very friendly even though they were incredibly busy and booked up with people still coming in trying to get a room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by our recent stay at Best Western Hillside, IL
Everything was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The beds, in particular, were cozy and clean. As good as any Best Western I've ever stayed at.
We stayed here because all the downtown hotels were totally booked so we were a little concerned from some older, negative reviews. I want to say that, other than the noisy A/C, none of the concerns are valid, anymore. I actually like white noise when I sleep. :)
The staff was spot-on. They could not have been more cheerful and professional... remember that they were booked, solid. I was really impressed.
Little things like a free disposable razor from the front desk... I forgot mine and, extra free coffees were a bonus.
Oh, and it is really close to the Brookfield Zoo.
They have smoking rooms and are pet friendly.
Other than the drive to downtown on the I290 and the noisy A/C would rate 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We will never stay here again, so I advise everyone else to do the same. To begin with, most rooms aren't even close to what was promised online. Not only that, but the beds are full sized, not queen. Even worse, the hotel's pool was closed all day for chemical problems. We went down there at 10 (when it was supposed to be open) and it was locked. They explained that there were chemical issues. So, we went back down 3 hours later, and still the same problem. And just to make it worse, you had to pay an outrageous amount of money just for breakfast. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank hcm123
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed at this place the night of the 4th of July. Was woken up at 3:40 am by a man pounding and kicking my room's door and screaming to let him in. Terrified, I called the front desk who, after giggling a bit, sent security who in turn took way to long to respond. I did not sleep a wink all night. Next morning when checking out I mentioned the event and front desk just shrugged. No offer to refund, or discount fee. Stay away if you can.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
The Carleton of Oak Park
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside? Share your experiences!