“excellent value”

Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I spent three nights at this hotel and were very happy with the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel. The staff was friendly and when some guests got loud the staff immediately took care of the situation. My only complaint would be the breakfast. It looked good but the eggs weren't real and the bacon was undercooked. I also didn't care for the coffee but I would stay hear again in a minute.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I didn't give them one star because the overall room was fine - bed was comfortable - clean - the staff was friendly, until I had a complaint about a hidden charge.
My problem with this hotel is I talked to two different people about having a dog and it was never mentioned there was a $50 non-refundable pet fee. When I checked out of the hotel the next day their "system was down" so they were going to email me a receipt. Never got that either. However, I found on my account an additional $50 fee that was never mentioned upon making the reservation, checking in or checking out. Seems pretty relative to me! We also asked for a king bed, got two queens, the heating register was extremely noisy and the walls are very thin.
I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Very close to area attractions, such as Brookfield Zoo, Trader Joe's, the airport, etc. Was very easy to locate and manuever to and from the hotel without fighting all sorts of traffic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel is clean, and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was good and the food price was reasonable. The food presentation was excellent. The food buffet was good. The food in the lounge was good, and the prices were reasonable. The location was excellent, right off the interstate highway I-290. The hotel is about 12 miles from Downtown Chicago. There is a shopping center and restaurants less than a mile from the hotel on Mannheim Road. The internet signal at the hotel was a little weak.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James J
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight in connection with a relative's memorial services rather than drive back to our home in 90 miles away in Wisconsin and returning the next morning.

We didn't want to spend a bundle as we were only staying for convenience so we chose to stay here rather than a nearby Holiday Inn that cost $40 or so more. The internet or AAA rate was $80 or $99 for the rate with the breakfast buffet included. Choose the former as when you check in they gave us discounted tickets for the buffet - $6 each rather than the $9.99 regular price. The buffet was pretty good - an absolute steal at $6 - including coffee and juice!

Some folks apparently smoke in rooms as we could smell cigarettes in our 3rd floor room hallway but not in our room. Our room was comfortable and clean and the shower had good water pressure. We didn't hear anyone in adjacent rooms so construction quality seems good.

The front desk clerk was friendly and provided prompt and courteous service. We went to the cocktail lounge around 8:30pm and were impressed that one bartender handled a fairly decent crowd in an outstanding manner. This girl was outgoing and came to work to.....work! Funny I would make that comment but so many people in the service industry provide subpar service that this gal really stood out. This service mantra also played out at breakfast the next day. Servers that don't pretend to notice a near empty water glass! Management obviously stresses service here and I commend them!

I had a chicken finger dinner with broasted potatoes and a salad for $9.99 while my wife had fish and chips for a few dollars more - both huge portions that were very tasty.

This is not the fanciest hotel you will stay in and some areas may not be fancy enough for many used to Hilton or Marriott hotels. With that said, this fit our needs perfectly and I will stay here again without question should a similar need arise in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A good value for the money, Very clean and comfortable rooms. Restaurant had excellent buffet breakfast. Parking was easy. Only problem is it is a little hard to get to from the freeway. Lobby staff were very helpful; helped me to get to where I was going. Hotel surroundings made for a very restful night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were frustrated by the high prices of hotels in central Chicago, so we searched for a more affordable option that was still convenient. The location is ideal, right off the highway which is a direct route to the center of the city. Very easy, but avoid rush hour.

The room was nice, clean and well-kept, and the beds were comfortable. There is a coffee pot and a small fridge, which is extremely convenient. The breakfast buffet was great.

Everyone we spoke with at the front desk was wonderful, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
The Carleton of Oak Park
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside? Share your experiences!