Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbreakfast buffetforest parkbrookfield zooshuttle serviceroom was cleano'hare airporttrain stationwould stay here againvery nice hotelgreat place to stayblue linecoffee makerbwchicagoloyoladowntownexpressway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've been trying different hotels in the Oak :Park area. We've stayed at Best Westerns around the country (especially this place being a Plus), but I will never stay again. First, the wheels on the luggage cart didn't work (not a big deal); then the ice machine by the room was out of order (again not a big deal). Upon check-in, I requested a non-smoking room that did not face the highway because of the the noise. We got the room, dropped our belongings and left for our appointments. We returned to the room and found that smelled like stale smoke. We ended up in another room and it faced the highway, so we had to suffer with the noise. The second room wasn't clean and the linens were dated and old. When I brought these issues to management's attention the next morning, their position was 'stuff happens.' Obviously, would not recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2014

this is a very nice hotel in a very good place the staff was very pleasant and helpful and went out of the way to make sure you where took care we had a member of family at the hospital so we got a real good discount and transportation to the hospital if needed the room where nice bed where comfortable and there where a bar and restruantant in the building over all very good stay the only problem the wi fi kept kicking me off but I will be back in town and I will stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The bathroom was tiny. The pillows were lumpy. Son tried to take a bath, but the drain stopper leaked. Everything was clean and there was ample, free parking. Right off the highway makes it easy to find.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my third time staying at a Best Western Hotel and this has been the worst room I have had at any of their hotels. The first thing wrong is the locks. The locks in our room was getting stuck and jammed the whole trip. Also the locks to open the adjoining room to open that door also kept getting stuck. There was also a strawrapper stuck in our peephole and the handles to the bathroom tub fell off and the water would not run. I expected better of the hotel because evrytime I visit Chicago I stay at one of the Best Western Hotels but this one was just poor. I think I will still stay at Best Western Hotels just not this paticular one.

Room Tip: Look for problems directly after check in
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel as a necessity to take a licensure exam. All of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bathroom was very clean but parts of the room were questionable. (Food Crumbs on one of the bedspreads) My room apparently was near the kitchen ventilation as it smelled like stale food then bacon in the morning and I was on the third floor. I did not ask for a new room but I am sure they would have accommodated me. The pillows were very used and bumpy. The breakfast buffet was not bad for $6. However I am used to a more comfy hotel bed and room accommodations, I would not stay again unless it was a necessity.

• Stayed: July 2014