“Don't stay here!”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night in August, and it was awful. The bathroom was dirty, with mildew on the tile floor and someone's long, dark hair all over the shower walls. The bed was very uncomfortable. The smoke detector's battery was low, and it started beeping off and on around 1:00 am. We called the overnight person, who barely spoke English, and he kept just telling us that "it calls the fire department, I tell engineer in the morning," even though we kept saying it needed a battery. When I told the front desk clerk when we checked out, she didn't even apologize.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price along with great customer service. The description you presented of your accommodation and about our level of professionalism is not representative of our standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience these types of incidents.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The rooms, staff and pricing are great. I stayed prior to relocating 8 years ago and each year I return this is where I stay. I cannot rate the amenities, shopping and dining area high enough. At this rate, I will continue to go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Geri J

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel has had some bad reviews and I was unsure what to expect. Located 15 minutes west of the loop off a main interstate, I was pleasantly surprised. The room is basically a small
efficiency apt with a kitchen, 1 queen bed, and a good sized bathroom. There is a laundry
room in the hotel and lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. The front desk was
friendly, however it is NOT 24 hour. It was easy to get around the metro area from here.
If you just want to see/hang downtown[or are car-less], this may not be for you, but
what you save staying here pays for a LOT of parking.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Hillside. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I had a group of 16 people over a two week period stay at this Extended Stay in Hillside. The staff was extremely kind and helpful to my group. They helped in many ways to answer questions, about the city, transportation, Chicago. They worked with my group to make their stay comfortable in every way possible. I was really impressed. A good bunch of people here. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Overall, a perfect stay at an affordable rate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kevin W

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Hillside. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The room was ok, clean when we got there. It is a bit out of the way, but the interstate is very close by, along with a super target to stock up the fridge. If you bring kids along be prepared to get paper plates/silverware as they only put 2 plates/cups/bowls in the room.
And depending on what others are cooking, it can smell awful in the hallways, but we mainly used the back entrance as the elevator was S-L-O-W and walking up one flight was no big deal.

We got a great deal on Expedia, but I am not sure we would ever stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl R
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Chicago - Hillside. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We arrived early in the morning to a sullen, strangely hostile receptionist. The room was stark with dirty windows, floors. In the morning we saw ants (they got un our clothes). When we reported this to the manager, she said it was normal for a ground floor room, and offered another room. We rejected that offer and asked for a refund. She said we would be charged for the day. When we went back to the room to get our clothes, the room was filled with bug spray. Not recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I found this hotel to be excellent, even though the reviews that are given here make it sound horrible. First, it is near a landfill, and a church, a super target, a Panda Express, and alot of other things that have no effect on the quality of the hotel. The wind was blowing from the direction of the landfill and I could not smell a thing. Second, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I left my work phone in the room after I left and the staff was able to locate it and return it to me overnight with FedEx. The hotel itself is somewhat sparse on amenities, but that is to be expected from a Extended Stay hotel, which are generally the cheapest hotels around. I will stay here every time i visit Chicago and will challenge anyone to find a bad thing about it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank rkjohnson2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside? Share your experiences!