“Great place to stay in a pinch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Hillside, Illinois
“Great place to stay in a pinch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

After closing on my home and still being in limbo about my new place, I ended up at this location. While twice having my Grandmother stay with me without much notice, I found the staff helpful in making any changes that I needed to accommodate her as well.

It's proximity to the highway and shopping made this a great location. Having just moved from Oak Park, I was aware of times when the rush hour turns into a couple of hours and alternatives to making whatever trip I planned less of a hassle. A trip downtown or to Oak Brook super easy,

If the only negative I could come up with was no HBO during the True Blood series then I think I made a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Kevin - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that the staff was able to accommodate your changes and make your Grandma feel at home. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Good luck choosing your new home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

The staff though friendly and helpful are not when it comes to booking and costs the best answer I got was book it over the phone and if you get a better rate we'll honor it which they did the first time the second time though, the call-taker Steven told me once your in the hotel they're responsible for re-booking rooms and refused any further assistance. I further heard the staff quote a price to a new customer that was lower than what they quoted me and told her that she could pay by the week and still receive the monthly rate while I had to pay a month up front to receive their best rate.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Extended Stay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marty W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Marty - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am delighted to read your remarks about the friendliness of our staff; however, I am very sorry that there was some confusion regarding the rates for our hotel. Please know, our rates differ for many different reasons, it is not a subjective change. Still, to ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am going to be reviewing our rate plans with the entire staff.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hil@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Hillside hotels

East Hartford, Connecticut, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel through hotwire, which seemed to be a great deal. The hotel is about 17 miles from Chicago, and traveling can be difficult at times. The service desk was very efficient and friendly, however, the hotel itself it's not worth the money. I was traveling with my son, and was never offered a choice of two beds, so we had to share one. The hallways smell cigarette, and so as the rooms, which are advertised as non smokers. We heard dog barks coming from different rooms a few times. At last but not least, the ad also mentioned free breakfast, and what they offered were two thermos with coffee, gas station muffins, and some apples at the front desk. Keep in mind, if you don't plan to stay at least 7 nights, you get no housekeeping (as we were told at check in). Will not book at Extended stay hotels EVER again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Renato D S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Renato - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the room provided and that you were disturbed by a barking dog in a different room. To uphold our company's high standards, I am going to work with the entire staff to ensure these types of situations are not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at hil@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This place is clean, located right next to a highway which is very convenient. Staff is excellent and very friendly. I got prompt response from them any time I needed any thing.

Bathroom didn't have ventilation/exhaust and kitchen exhaust didn't work, which makes whole room smelly. This is why I didn't give 5 star.

A bigger lobby space will help although I am not sure how much it will be utilized generally.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sqahmad
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our property. We are glad that you found our staff friendly and you liked the location of the hotel. We are sorry that the ventilation was not working properly and appreciate you letting us know. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Sonoran Desert
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed at this property for 6 nights, getting a good deal on Hotwire. I wasn't sure about the neighborhood, so I opted not to extend my time there & instead begin my trip at the ESA in Elmhurst. This hotel was not as updated as Elmhurst, and the grounds were sometimes dotted with litter. The hotel itself was clean, & the trash room for guests was spotless. Krystal at check-in was helpful; she called right after I got in the room to see if everything was ok. Short time later, I called her to say that the toilet wasn't flushing & she changed my room (no maintenance on duty then). I was moved to the first floor & it was quiet, even with the windows open. The bed was comfy & I had plenty of towels for the time I was there.The kitchenette is the best amenity! Not much ambiance in the nearby area; I-290 is a few blocks away, and there is a Target by Mannheim Rd, with some fast food options in the strip. Can't fault the hotel for that! All in all, it was a good stay for someone who wants an affordable place to stay, with easy access to the city.

Room Tip: Bring your own...everything! ESA does not provide a lot of those little incidentals so Target was co...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank EverleighYours
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that there was some trash in the parking lot. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable bed and a clean room.

Littleton, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

i had booked the hotel through a hotwire deal - got it 40%less than the regular price. the room is small and the TV didn't work at all. the kitchen was smaller. the hotel didn't provide anything in the bathroom except the towels. grab and go breakfast wasn't a great choice.

there is a dunkins close by and downtown is 15 mins drive when not crowded. overall,if you need a bed to sleep in night could be a good option with the fact - getting it cheaper

the room service guys weren't that friendly - front desk was co-operative tough

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the television in your room was not working properly. I would also like to apologize for the housekeeping staff not being responsive to your needs. I have spoken to them directly to ensure this does not happen again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

The hotel was comparable to the cheap rate I paid. However the carpet in the hall was dirty. The mattress flipped up when I sat on the edge of the bed to put on my shoes. The rooms and hallway smelled like smoke. The staff was nice for the time they were there. The elevator sound as if it will break down at any second. I would only go back if I had no other choices in the area and was on a very very tight budget.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that you had an issue with the smell of smoke and bedding in your room. To uphold our company's high standards, we will review these items with the staff and work to improve in both areas moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hil@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside? Share your experiences!