“Excellent Staff, Nice, Cozy Room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Staff, Nice, Cozy Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was very pleased with the way I was treated by the staff at this location. I couldn't be happier with the fast response to any questions or concerns I had about my accommodations. The room was clean and in good condition. Yes, the furniture is older but it was well taken care of and that is a huge plus in my book. The kitchenette was a major benefit during my stay because I could cook what I wanted without incurring the costly eating expenses often found at hotels that do not have kitchenettes. I felt like I was in my own mini apartment while I was there and it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely return to this location upon visiting Hillside again. :^)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor offer greater quality. Third floor is designated for smokers though there a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Terrie C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff treated you well and that you enjoyed the kitchen in your studio. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Lenox, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is a good place to stay in a pinch and the price is very good for the room. The staff is friendly, the room is clean, and they have a fridge and stove top so it's kind of like a home away from home. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Priceline has really good deals for this company
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Joe - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that our staff provided you with friendly service. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have heard great reviews of Extended Stay America and had to give this place a try! Our house where my mother and I have lived needed some basement repairs from the flood four months ago and needed a place to stay temporarily until the basement was completed and livable. Staff was very friendly and excellent; the place was immaculate...almost like an apartment and not just a hotel room. The moment we stepped in the room, it was like paradise!! We expected to stay for a week, but decided to go and stay for another week!! The price was a little high, but it was the best money I spent since I've been here! I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a place to stay anytime!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie L
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Hi Debbie,

Thank you for posting such a great review. Being away from your home for an extended period is not easy to do. I am glad to read that you were comfortable in the "home away from home" you found at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our team in your review as well; your kind words are truly appreciated. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay soon!
Hillside, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

After closing on my home and still being in limbo about my new place, I ended up at this location. While twice having my Grandmother stay with me without much notice, I found the staff helpful in making any changes that I needed to accommodate her as well.

It's proximity to the highway and shopping made this a great location. Having just moved from Oak Park, I was aware of times when the rush hour turns into a couple of hours and alternatives to making whatever trip I planned less of a hassle. A trip downtown or to Oak Brook super easy,

If the only negative I could come up with was no HBO during the True Blood series then I think I made a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Kevin - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that the staff was able to accommodate your changes and make your Grandma feel at home. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Good luck choosing your new home!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

The staff though friendly and helpful are not when it comes to booking and costs the best answer I got was book it over the phone and if you get a better rate we'll honor it which they did the first time the second time though, the call-taker Steven told me once your in the hotel they're responsible for re-booking rooms and refused any further assistance. I further heard the staff quote a price to a new customer that was lower than what they quoted me and told her that she could pay by the week and still receive the monthly rate while I had to pay a month up front to receive their best rate.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Extended Stay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marty W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Marty - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am delighted to read your remarks about the friendliness of our staff; however, I am very sorry that there was some confusion regarding the rates for our hotel. Please know, our rates differ for many different reasons, it is not a subjective change. Still, to ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am going to be reviewing our rate plans with the entire staff.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hil@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Hillside hotels

East Hartford, Connecticut, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel through hotwire, which seemed to be a great deal. The hotel is about 17 miles from Chicago, and traveling can be difficult at times. The service desk was very efficient and friendly, however, the hotel itself it's not worth the money. I was traveling with my son, and was never offered a choice of two beds, so we had to share one. The hallways smell cigarette, and so as the rooms, which are advertised as non smokers. We heard dog barks coming from different rooms a few times. At last but not least, the ad also mentioned free breakfast, and what they offered were two thermos with coffee, gas station muffins, and some apples at the front desk. Keep in mind, if you don't plan to stay at least 7 nights, you get no housekeeping (as we were told at check in). Will not book at Extended stay hotels EVER again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Renato D S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Renato - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the room provided and that you were disturbed by a barking dog in a different room. To uphold our company's high standards, I am going to work with the entire staff to ensure these types of situations are not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at hil@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This place is clean, located right next to a highway which is very convenient. Staff is excellent and very friendly. I got prompt response from them any time I needed any thing.

Bathroom didn't have ventilation/exhaust and kitchen exhaust didn't work, which makes whole room smelly. This is why I didn't give 5 star.

A bigger lobby space will help although I am not sure how much it will be utilized generally.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sqahmad
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our property. We are glad that you found our staff friendly and you liked the location of the hotel. We are sorry that the ventilation was not working properly and appreciate you letting us know. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside? Share your experiences!