“Good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Rochester, Michigan
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Visited area for nephews wedding so a lot of family were at hotel. Pleasantly surprised by hotel. Ended up with a suite which was the perfect size for 4 of us. Nice kitchenette. Nice having bathroom sink seperate from shower/toilet. Everything was nice. Breakfast was adequate. Only bad thing would be the general area housekeeping. I.e. pizza boxes and beer bottles left in courtyard area and garbages not emptied. Also front desk staff would just "stare into space" at the desk if they didn't have anything to do at the moment. Would recommend this hotel. Good location and convenient from highway.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a great stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates! We were driving in from central Wisconsin, and didn't get to Chicago until 1:00 a.m. After finding the hotel online, we called and asked for them to get a room ready. We finally checked in around 1:30 a.m. Check in was very smooth, and the staff was very accommodating, especially as it was early in the morning! The beds were very comfortable, and the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, and they had lots of choices available. We had to leave early to get to the airport, and once again, the staff was very accommodating and helpful. We weren't able to use the pool, but it looked nice. The hotel served our needs well, and we would return the next time we visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Chicago/Hoffman Estates for our sons elite traveling tournament team. We had two options, this hotel or a Hampton Inn that is about 5 miles away. We chose this hotel since they explained on the phone some of the differences such as being upgraded to a larger room since I am a Diamond Member and that their morning breakfasts had more to choose from (which would be a plus for our son) and they had an outdoor courtyard to sit at in the evenings to relax. Well, as far as we are concerned, this hotel is a joke. At check-in the front desk personnel was fairly rude. Their was another hotel guest there at the time which walked out with me after I received our room key and even made comment about their attitude. I did ask for an upgrade which when I called earlier was told I would have. She told me since I was using my DIAMOND points an upgrade was not acceptable. When I asked if the water was in the room she stated that they don't give out water at that hotel. I did then state that all the Hiltons I stay at weekly always do and she said well we don't and it's our policy. When we arrived at our room the room size was well below normal. In fact it was small for 3 people and very cramped. The cleanliness was subpar and the room had an odor. The key never worked on the first several tries. To say the least, I was very disappointed and wish I had chosen another hotel. During our stay, we always keep the do not disturb sign on the door. Twice cleaning people had once come in and the second time tried but I had the lock across the top. I made comment to the do not disturb sign and they said they were just checking. I was fairly upset at this time. I went down to talk with the manager and she was not in. They said she would be in later during the day and took my cell phone number so she could call. She never did. That night I tried calling down to find out the phone and clock in our room didn't work either. I had to use my own cell phone to call the front desk. Again, I wanted to speak with management and they said she was out but would call me first thing in the morning. When we arrived back at the hotel later the next day, I asked to see her again and they said she is in meetings all day. I asked who was next in line and they said she was it. Do to our son's baseball equipment and our work computers I don't have our room cleaned when we are only their for several days. However, I do swap out towels and soap. At this hotel we were told this was not allowed by the people cleaning the rooms. I tried the front desk one more time and told them I would be calling the Diamond Customer Care Line and writing this on Tripp Advisor. Again, she took my name and number and no call back. This hotel is not worth the money, the staff is under trained, and the manager doesn't care. Being a Diamond member I am accustomed to certain amenities and at least good customer service. This hotel had neither and I will not waste my money or points going back to stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room with good service book the other Hampton Inn hotel that is within 5 miles of...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HAMPTON INN H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Regards,
Erika Recendez
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Everything was great with my stay. Easy check in with friendly staff. Clean room and hotel. Comfortable bed. Nice area, close to shopping and good restaurants. Bonus was the free breakfast with a lot of choices. Nice courtyard, so we were able to have breakfast outside!

Nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had complete satisfaction with this hotel. Our room was immaculate. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious and saved time and money, allowing us to continue on our journey without looking for a restaurant for breakfast. We could without any hesitating recommend this hotel to anyone needs lodging in this area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Sylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here because of it's location. Average hotel. Rooms OK, complimentary breakfast not great. AC noisy, DISH TV sketchy. Uncomfortable pillows made for sleepless nights. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Lake Village, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was really nice. it had 24 hr beverage service, indoor pool, business room with computers, complimentary breakfast and a pond behind the hotel with a walking path. The kids got a kick out of seeing the swans. another interesting thing we noticed were black squirrels. I have never seen them before. The rooms were a little small but they were nice. There were plenty of dining choices near the hotel from fast food to restaurants. The fitness center consisted of 1 bike, 1 treadmill, and weights. There was a nice patio between the pool area and the lobby. There were tables and benches and barbecue grills. This was open from 6 am to 11 pm as was the pool. The complimentary breakfast was decent. it included hot and cold cereal, fruit, juices, danish pastries, eggs, meat, and potatoes. The food was fresh and replenished often. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate were available all day. i have stayed at Hampton often and they are consistently nice.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoffman Estates
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Chicago Marriott Northwest
Chicago Marriott Northwest
#3 of 9 in Hoffman Estates

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!