Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates
US$111
US$123
US$105
Chicago Marriott Northwest(Hoffman Estates)
US$145
US$85
Priceline
US$122
Radisson
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$96
All reviewsfront deskpool and hot tubtwo room suitecomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areafresh fruitwould stay here againexercise roomwafflesclean roomsroad constructionchicago areastaff was friendlygreat place to stayfitness centerbusinesspond
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'll start this with saying we paid with points, so the price was excellent. ;) The suite included a full kitchen (2 burner stove, no oven, microwave, dishwasher, and full size fridge). It can easily sleep 4, 2 in the fold out, 2 in the bedroom. Nice full closet. Living room includes a nice comfy chair with ottoman.
My only complaint is no desk! They have a dining table with 2 dining chairs, but no desk chair. If you need an "office" in your home away from home, you will need to compromise.
I only noticed noise from upstairs in the hallway. And the courtyard was empty when we were there, but you can ask fir a room that doesn't face the courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cons first because for us picky travelers, it's what we cannot deal with that is more important. :)

1. There is a courtyard in the middle of the O shaped building. Hotel put table and chairs there, so there are loud conversations going on every night. Unfortunately we have a light sleeper who goes to bed early. So had to call front desk every night to drive those people away. Maybe take the table and chairs away will help?
2. There is not enough insulation between floors. First couple of nights, the guy above us walked little and gently. Last night, the guy woke up at 6am on a Saturday and walked heavily around until 8am. That ruins our morning.
3. The down pillows are not supportive at all. Granted they seem nice but not practical. I prefer the cheaper but ones support my neck more.
4. We stayed 4 night, but only one day we used room cleaning. They took dirty towels and mugs away without giving us new ones. We had to tell the hotel so they did not think we took them.

Now on to the many pros of this property.
1. Blankets have covers and they are WASHED For Every Check in! Hooray!! Finally feel like home. Even the extra blankets for the pull out sofa bed smelled washed.
2. Very quiet AC/Heat unit. Almost like central air quiet.
3. Very quiet elevators. So even if you are staying by one you won't tell much.
4. Walls are well insulated. We don't hear guests in the next room, even though a lot of guests were staying there.
5. Nice breakfast. Make your own waffles and protein items everyday.
6. Staff are very accomdating. Every request is honored. The lady on duty on the morning of July 12th even ran to the room to check on my cell phone charger which was left behind. Great people working here.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the courtyard so no noisy people talking at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Visited area for nephews wedding so a lot of family were at hotel. Pleasantly surprised by hotel. Ended up with a suite which was the perfect size for 4 of us. Nice kitchenette. Nice having bathroom sink seperate from shower/toilet. Everything was nice. Breakfast was adequate. Only bad thing would be the general area housekeeping. I.e. pizza boxes and beer bottles left in courtyard area and garbages not emptied. Also front desk staff would just "stare into space" at the desk if they didn't have anything to do at the moment. Would recommend this hotel. Good location and convenient from highway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a great stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates! We were driving in from central Wisconsin, and didn't get to Chicago until 1:00 a.m. After finding the hotel online, we called and asked for them to get a room ready. We finally checked in around 1:30 a.m. Check in was very smooth, and the staff was very accommodating, especially as it was early in the morning! The beds were very comfortable, and the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, and they had lots of choices available. We had to leave early to get to the airport, and once again, the staff was very accommodating and helpful. We weren't able to use the pool, but it looked nice. The hotel served our needs well, and we would return the next time we visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Chicago/Hoffman Estates for our sons elite traveling tournament team. We had two options, this hotel or a Hampton Inn that is about 5 miles away. We chose this hotel since they explained on the phone some of the differences such as being upgraded to a larger room since I am a Diamond Member and that their morning breakfasts had more to choose from (which would be a plus for our son) and they had an outdoor courtyard to sit at in the evenings to relax. Well, as far as we are concerned, this hotel is a joke. At check-in the front desk personnel was fairly rude. Their was another hotel guest there at the time which walked out with me after I received our room key and even made comment about their attitude. I did ask for an upgrade which when I called earlier was told I would have. She told me since I was using my DIAMOND points an upgrade was not acceptable. When I asked if the water was in the room she stated that they don't give out water at that hotel. I did then state that all the Hiltons I stay at weekly always do and she said well we don't and it's our policy. When we arrived at our room the room size was well below normal. In fact it was small for 3 people and very cramped. The cleanliness was subpar and the room had an odor. The key never worked on the first several tries. To say the least, I was very disappointed and wish I had chosen another hotel. During our stay, we always keep the do not disturb sign on the door. Twice cleaning people had once come in and the second time tried but I had the lock across the top. I made comment to the do not disturb sign and they said they were just checking. I was fairly upset at this time. I went down to talk with the manager and she was not in. They said she would be in later during the day and took my cell phone number so she could call. She never did. That night I tried calling down to find out the phone and clock in our room didn't work either. I had to use my own cell phone to call the front desk. Again, I wanted to speak with management and they said she was out but would call me first thing in the morning. When we arrived back at the hotel later the next day, I asked to see her again and they said she is in meetings all day. I asked who was next in line and they said she was it. Do to our son's baseball equipment and our work computers I don't have our room cleaned when we are only their for several days. However, I do swap out towels and soap. At this hotel we were told this was not allowed by the people cleaning the rooms. I tried the front desk one more time and told them I would be calling the Diamond Customer Care Line and writing this on Tripp Advisor. Again, she took my name and number and no call back. This hotel is not worth the money, the staff is under trained, and the manager doesn't care. Being a Diamond member I am accustomed to certain amenities and at least good customer service. This hotel had neither and I will not waste my money or points going back to stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room with good service book the other Hampton Inn hotel that is within 5 miles of this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HAMPTON INN H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Regards,