“Perfectly fine for a one night business stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
New Jersey
“Perfectly fine for a one night business stay”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Check-in went well; I was able to exchange my complimentary water bottles for diet coke in the pantry (limited selection, but okay). Room was fine - normal for a Hilton Garden Inn - not outdated at all. Mattress and bedding were also fine. Used the workout room. It was small with limited equipment but okay for one night. Also visited the business center to print a boarding pass. Small but workable. Front desk was out of menus for the primary restaurant delivering and menu in room was outdated, but I worked with the restaurant to find substitutes. Delivery took a bit longer than promised, but food was tasty when it arrived. Breakfast (included) included a eggs cooked to order and a nice selection of fruit (as well as yogurt, make your own waffles, cereal etc.). A good start to the day. The front desk gave me helpful directions as I left. All in all, fine for a night's business stay. Make sure you bring coins for the toll roads nearby!

Room Tip: since some seem older, ask for newer, renovated room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
Dear knitsafghans-

Good day from the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates! We are happy to hear we were able to be your home away from home during your business trip. I apologize for the in room dining menu being out of date, we are currently in the process of updating all menus and guest room collateral.

We hope to see you again soon! We appreciate your business!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Nice hotel, the front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful; the hotel was very clean and well maintained; the hotel is in a safe area, located right off Interstate 90 and right across the street from the AMC 30 Theaters; this hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes drive from Woodfield Mall; there are plenty of restaurants in the area, including IHOP, Portillo’s, McDonalds, etc.; this facility also offers free Wi-Fi, has an indoor pool and restaurant on site; the only drawback is the double beds are small; the rooms have a nice size, but having two adults on a double bed may be stretch; the doubles are ok for one person; but overall a nice facility

Room Tip: The double beds are on the small size; the rooms have a nice size, but having two adults on a double...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank turleyjay
Dear turleyjay-

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates. With the combination of our location and service, we are the premier hotel in the Hoffman Estates area. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We appreciate your business and hope we have the pleasure to see you again soon!!!
Plymouth, MA
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I typically stay at the Hyatt Place Hoffman Estates but stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn during my last business trip to the Hoffman Estates area. The property is very updated and clean from the lobby to the halls to the rooms. The property offers a bar and small restaurant with both hot and continental breakfast. There is a fitness center (I didn't see it) and a business center on site as well. My room had a nicely appointed king-sized bed that was very comfortable. Apparently it's an adjustable (similar to sleep number) but I never found the dial to adjust. It didn't matter as it was very comfortable. The room had a small fridge and microwave, which was wonderful. It's nice to have suite-like amenities for a standard hotel room. The room also had a nice desk area with chair that made for doing work from the room comfortable. The bathroom was updated and a good size as well.

The one negative I had was the wireless internet was very weak. I was only on the second floor and I struggled to remain connected and the signal strength was always very low. For a business traveler, this can be extremely frustrating. If they could somehow upgrade that, this would be a hotel I would absolutely recommend to all business travelers.

The front desk personnel were very pleasant upon check-in and check-out. And the warm cookies in the evening were a nice touch as well!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KAllan07
Dear KAllan07-

Thank you for taking time our of your busy day to write a review for us. We appreciate the positive feedback and our staff loves to hear about new reviews! We are currently in the process of completing an upgrade to our internet that will provide lightening fast connections.

We are happy we were able to provide you with top notch service and accomodations. We hope to see you again soon!!
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed in Hoffman Estates to be near the Sears Centre for a martial arts wrestling event. I booked a room that was suppose to be a king size bed, however, the bed was a queen size. The room was nice and bright, however, the plumbing was bad and the shower was backed up. Also, the toiled needed to be flushed several times. Cleanliness was pretty good, and the hotel was inviting. Staff was nice enough. Pool was small but clean, and the hot tub was just right. If the shower was better and my bed was a king as promised I would have given them a better score.

Room Tip: make sure its a king size bed.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Lpguerrero-

On behalf of the staff of the HGI Hoffman Estates, I sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We share comments from Trip Advisor to our staff members to ensure problems encountered don’t’ happen again.

We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly if I can assist you with a future reservation or if you’d like to discuss your concerns further.
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Right next to I90. Easy access to Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg and Barrington. Clean and new. Pool is minuscule.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear APMD-

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review. I must agree our location is excellent to all of the Northwest suburban attractions off of I-90.We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I travel to Chicago area on business often ...this is a great and very convenient location right off the Northwest Tollway. Rooms are very clean, staff is friendly, rates are decent. I tend to always come back to this spot!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dear Mominwoods-

Thanks for the great review!! We strive to provide top notch service and accommodations. I'll make sure to share your comments with our staff. Hope to see you soon!!
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. It's pretty obvious that the hotel doesn't have to do much to fill up with all of the wedding venues nearby. The rooms were dingy, and there was a pool of water on our bathroom floor when we entered the room. The furnishing were older and overall the hotel just had a dated feel. The upside was the breakfast, which was supposedly included with our rate for the wedding. although then I saw a $5 charge on our bill for breakfast, so I'm not really sure if we paid for it or not. But they do have a very good breakfast selection. Won'g stay here again unless I attend another wedding and have to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Telephone26-

I’m sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory stay at the hotel. Feel free to contact me at 847 277 7889 so we determine the appropriate charge if any for breakfast. Additionally, I will make sure to share your comments with housekeeping to ensure this type of problem doesn’t occur again.

We are slated for an extensive renovation this winter; we hope you will give us another chance.

Best Regards-

Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg
La Quinta Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!