“Comfortable, homely place”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable, homely place”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Last stop of our trip and staying 4 days here.
Room was spacious with 2 queen size beds.
Counter staff was helpful.
Near a lot of food and shopping.
Quiet and relaxing.
Breakfast was the usual fare.
Carpeting and Aircon a bit 'old".

Room Tip: Ground level rooms provide easier access. 2 queen size beds rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
GurneeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear NGO A,

We thank you for your kind words and we are glad that we were instrumental in making your trip memorable. We hope to serve you in the future.

J.Sheth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Huntley, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2014

As someone who often needs an early checkin, this hotel charges you half the cost of the room to do so, as well as charging you the same if you need a late checkout. The room smells, the TV wasn't working, you couldn't make outgoing calls, there weren't enough towels. NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chicagogal71
GurneeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Chicagogal71,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your most recent visit. Being in middle of summer we are very busy at the hotel and we sincerely do our best to accommodate all our guest requests. However, early check ins and late check outs are the most difficult ones given the summer occupancy. We would request you to visit us between October and March and I am certain we would be able to accommodate your request without any hesitation.

With regards to the room smell and request for more towels, we will make sure during your next stay we will stock your room with more towels than the standard and take a closer look at any signs of smell.

Lastly, with regards to not being able to make any phone calls, our phone system was down due to a power surge, which was fixed within the hour.

We look forward to serving you in hospitality in the future and creating a better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Hoffman Estates hotels

Norwalk, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Charges $200.00. I called to dispute this and was informed it was a charge for smoking in the room. I do not smoke. I was the one who discussed the foul odor with the front desk advising it be given special attention along with the alarm clock which had LED segments burnt out making the time unreadable while at the front desk at departure with Darce. She offered compensation, which I declined and advised it was not necessary but to be sure no one else got the room before it was taken care of. I have spoken with the manager who agreed to reverse the charges and he has not done so – three weeks have passed and he will not take my calls or meet me in the lobby upon request for an audience. Very poorly run business with practices of thievery – BEWARE!!. I am not the only complaint regarding Smoke odors in their reviews. I have traveled for more than thirty years professionally and have never been falsely charged like this, let alone been treated so poorly by management. I chose this hotel to try and save a few dollars for my company and be fiscally responsible. It has proven to be a mistake, I should have paid for the Holiday Inn Express nearby where I normally stay and am given quality services.

Room Tip: If your room does not meet your expectations upon initial inspection immediately return to the front...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wayne A
TJ G, Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Mr. A.
It was me you spoke with on the phone, and I genuinely thought that we had processed the refund for you. It was an oversight on my part, and I will take care of it today!
I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused you, but hope that you will come back and stay with us in the future.

Kindest Regards,
TJ
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After getting an internship in Schaumburg, I decided to stay in hotels during the week so I could be close to my workplace. I tried the cheapest, Red Roof Inn, and practically ran away it was so disgusting and scary! I tried a few others around town and was somewhat happy with accommodations and safety, but found myself feeling like I wasn't getting my money's worth. After staying at Comfort Inn, I won't even bother looking for another hotel. Got a great deal on Expedia EVERY WEEK, so it's only slightly more expensive than Red Roof, but the difference is huge. Cleanliness, level of service from employees, breakfast offering, room amenities, wireless connection, everything performs at or above expectations. It's not the fanciest hotel, but that to me is irrelevant. I'm a practical person, and this hotel is exactly what I need, consistently.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lindsey B,

Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to serve you in the future.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Hoffman Estates, for a night. The facility was once a Baymont. Really, really average at best. The room was OK clean, but missing lots of spit and polish. The bed was passable, OK, but not the best for sleeping. The shower water was very difficult to regulate - it would go back and forth from cold to hot. The breakfast was adequate, but nothing special.

For $80 it was OK, but for a weekend a visit we much prefer some of the Schaumburg facilities. They cater to business travelers, and they aren't around on weekends. You can get a better room for less than $80. For a week day option the Comfort Inn did enough for us to return, but not without some disappointment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Happyrocker,

We thank you for your review and hope to make your next stay pleasant and satisfactory.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We were at this well appointed, clean and friendly hotel over the Memorial Day weekend. We attended a great wedding in the area and our stay here at the hotel was equally nice. Maria at check in was very polite as well as efficient. We thanked her for giving us a nice larger size King room with sofa that made it easy for my wife to spread her dresses, etc for the wedding events. Maria then made sure that we got a "welcome" call from the GM - a very nice touch indeed!

However breakfast next morning was an issue - we saw trays down to only 1 Danish, empty on sausage & then not much left for scrambled eggs. I requested the breakfast server to refurbish the trays which she did. Later at check out I found the check out agent Maria was the same as the breakfast server - she was multi tasking and did the best she could. She apologized to us to which I said was it ok as long as mgmt. takes care of the breakfast issues we experienced. Hence only 3 Stars. Notwithstanding breakfast we will still return to this well kept up hotel with great service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GurneeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear BITS69,

We are glad to hear that Maria was helpful and that you did indeed receive a welcome call from our GM. We have taken your points into consideration towards the breakfast and made big strides towards the same. The next time you visit us you will see the same reflecting during breakfast hours.

Hope to see you soon.

Jay S
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked this hotel online ($60 per night on the weekend) from company website. The hotel is not elaborate but has similar feel to HIX but a little bit older. Rooms are okay. Standard configuration with double beds, night table, flat screen tv and work table. Room also had larger refrigerator and countertop microwave on top of refrigerator. Bathroom area is small, sink area is separate from toilet/shower. Hotel provides a breakfast offering, again not fancy but sufficient. Hotel is located next to gas station, dominos pizza, subway, dunkin doughnuts, and Starbucks.

Room Tip: Based on comments from other travelers, 3rd floor has smoking history so might want to avoid if your...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GurneeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear stilits16,

We are thrilled to read about your detailed review. This really helps all the other visitors too. We have never converted any of our smoking rooms to non smoking, however we will make sure to better control the smell of smoke from our smoking rooms to travel outside of the room.

We hope to make your next stay fancier than this. Please let me know if you may have any suggestions.

Jeshal Sheth