“Great for an overnight stay!”

Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is in a very convenient location (close to many places to eat, the freeway, and the local Metra station), and the hotel staff (Emily especially) was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms can be a tad on the small side but is nothing with which to be concerned, especially for a quick overnight stay or if you will not be in the room very often. Overall, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate positive feed back from our customers. I will surely share the feed back with Emily and the team and congratulate them on there wonderful service. At Red Roof we want to make sure every one gets the same service that you have gotten. We Look forward to provide you with good service and accommodation. Thank you for staying with us. As always we appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great location,found the manager Jimmy professional and friendly and very helpful....I have stayed a few places and would not hesitate to stay at this location again.....again great location,price,management and very friendly and always helpful and polite staff....

• Stayed: May 2014
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate positive feed back from our customers. I will surely share the feed back with Jimmy and the team and congratulate them on there wonderful service. At Red Roof we want to make sure every one gets the same service that you have gotten. We Look forward to provide you with good service and accommodation. Thank you for staying with us. As always we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I always use Red roof Inn went working at sears HQ and have never been disappointed. The hotel is close to the freeway and work, a very convient location. Two night stay is 1st class with help from Jimmy & Elle at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for the excellent 5 star review. We appreciate positive feed back from our customers. I will surely share the feed back with Jimmy and Elle and congratulate them on there wonderful service. At Red Roof we want to make sure every one gets the same service that you have gotten. We Look forward to provide you with good service and accommodation. Thank you for staying with us. As always we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stay at a lot of Red Roof Inns and seldom very disappointed but this was one of those times.
To be fair the property was under renovation but my room was one of the renovated rooms.
It was filthy. The floors were dirty and there was debris under the fridge and around the baseboards that looked like it had not been cleaned for a long time. The room smelled like a dirty wet dog and that was probably where the smell came from. The downside of Red Roof Inns for me is the fact they really go after the pet owners and more than once I have not been able to clear the pet odor from the rooms. I wish they would designate certain rooms for pet owners and leave some rooms totally pet free. I know that some guests are not always truthful and sneak in pets. I have sadly seen dogs lounging on the beds because their owners allow that in their homes but after they leave the hotel WE have to worry about the odor, stains, and germs of pets who are treated like family. At this hotel the bed covers were stained with a sickening looking stain (maybe Pet Vomit) but when I pulled the covers off my sheets had large very gross stains on the sheets!
I could tell the sheets had been laundered but it did not get rid of these huge stains on large parts of the sheets. I feel that is management's fault along with the dirty floors. Don't expect what you do not INSPECT! The desk staff were very friendly but that is the only positive I can say about this property. Sorry.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first and if it is substandard ask for another room. You may not find one acceptabl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We are very sorry to read the comments you shared about your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our top priority is to ensure the satisfaction of our guests through the product we offer and the service extended by our team. We sincerely apologize if you were not treated with the professionalism and courtesy you deserve. We assure you that this is not typical of the standards we strive to maintain. Your comments are being shared with the appropriate members of our management team so that the necessary corrective measures can be taken for improvem

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stay often at this hotel as it is close to my work location. I live almost 70 miles away and this hotel is very convenient when I stay late at work and making the drive home is not feasible. I stayed 74 times here this past year, so I am happy with this hotel. Also, being a Redicard member I receive free nights as my points build up from frequent stays. I prefer first floor rooms near the office so I can just get in and out easily. The manager "Jimmy" has always treated me well and is very accommodating to my requests. If there ever was any type of issue, he does his best to correct it immediately and efficiently. The value here is obvious as any hotel within sight of this Red Roof is on average over $50 more for a night. They remodeled the majority of the rooms this past summer and all are quiet nice. If you are looking for a decent place to stay for a night on a budget, then I highly recommend this location. Jimmy and his staff will make sure you are satisfied and happy as a guest....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate positive feed back from our customers. I will surely share the feed back with Jimmy and congratulate him on his wonderful service. At Red Roof we want to make sure every one gets the same service that you have gotten. We Look forward to provide you with good service and accommodation. Thank you for staying with us. As always we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This Red Roof Inn has been upgraded. Hardwood floors, flatscreen TV. Very limited cable channels, compared to many motels. Coffee available. Small bathroom. No newspaper in lobby or available for sale. Pillows are foam and very difficult to adjust, but that may just be me. Checking in after making a reservation was a breeze, took only a couple of minutes. Pleanty of hot water. If you can get a discount this location is fine. Paying the rack rate is not a great investment. Overall, this is average for a Red Roof.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My first time at a Red Roof - got a coupon from the booklet at rest stop on I57. The room was newly painted and cleaned. It was not the Taj Mahal, but it was a nice, clean room to spend the night. Mostly, Jimmy at the front desk was extremely helpful with my questions of the area, where to eat, how to get to my appointment tomorrow, etc.

Bit of noise upstairs, but not overly annoying. All in all, this was a good deal for the money and excellent, professional front desk staff member.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to tell others about your experience at our Red Roof Inn. I will certainly share your comments with Jimmy and the rest of our team and commend him for making your stay such an enjoyable one. There is no reason all of us cannot deliver five star service to our valued guests. It is our goal to not only meet all of your expectations, but to exceed them.