“Pit Stop”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, USA
“Pit Stop”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

While driving from NJ to MN we stopped without a reservation. The front desk was very friendly and the room was worth the $99. They must do a lot of conventions because the rate is much more during the week. The lobby was very nice with a small coffee bar and water feature. They have a restaurant / bar also. The pool was small but if one wanted to swim a few laps you could. The workout facility was adequate to catch a quick workout. Overall a very good place to stay.

Stayed July 2014
Molly M, Assistant General Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Robert,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your impromptu stay with us. It sounds like our facility met your needs; however, I would love to know what we might have done differently to bring your stay from a 4 to a 5. With our proximity to the highway, we get a number of guests stopping for the night on their way to other destinations. With that said, we want to ensure we provide the best service and amenities that make each guest feel at home, even while on the road. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further feedback you wish to share regarding your experience.

Thank you and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future!

At your service,

Molly Matelski, Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stated for one night. Arrived really late due to weather issues at Chicago airport. Instead if arriving at 10:00pm arrived at 3:30am the next day. The front desk person was very accommodating. Gave me a late checkout to ensure I had enough time to sleep. Rooms were clean. Friendly staff. Overall good hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Xterra,

I'm glad our Guest Services Representative was able to make accommodations for you during your stay with us, as I'm sure getting in so late due to delayed flights can be quite frustrating. Though it seems you enjoyed your experience, we want to ensure you have an excellent stay if your travels bring you back to the area. I encourage you to contact me with any ways we might improve our operations, so we may make your stay the best possible!

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you need to stay in Hoffman Estates, this is a great place to be. There are a lot of places to eat and shop within walking distance. The Sears arena, Cabela's, and the Saddle Room Steakhouse and OTB is a mile walk in one direction and the other way is Stone Eagle Tavern, BWW, Target and much more. A couple of us wanted to go for sushi and the Hotel had a driver that could take us. We ended up walking back, but it was nice to know we had transportation to get somewhere.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly. Molly was so pleasant every time I came back to the hotel and very professional in her job. The bar is great and the 2 main bartenders are great and the prices are reasonable. One of the bartenders even remembered my name after I returned a week later. Does this mean I drink too much?

The gym was great with lots of options of equipment to give you a good workout. There is also an indoor pool.

If you park in the back by the center door you will enter right by the elevators and bypass the front lobby. You do need your key to get in these doors.

I hope this review was helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your excellent review and for recognizing Molly as well as Chris and Katy in the bar! We really feel that at our Hotel it's the people that make the difference and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you providing some great tips for future traveler's to Hoffman Estates. This is an excellent destination in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago that is growing and has a lot to offer both business and leisure guests.

Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to host you in your future travels.

Lucas Laidlaw
Wolfsburg, Germany
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Location was close to the business, this was the reason to stay here. Check in/out fast and friendly staff very friendly in all areas. Room clean and big, but you can´t open the window ! Washroom has no separate shower, nice soap and shampoo. Internet only available for 24 hours and 10 $, room for improvement ! Breakfast and coffee shop also to expensive. Bar nice staff and drinks are ok ! Workout area and indoor pool ok ! Parking free and there are enough restaurants around to go for a bite (no car necessary). I will come back and negotiate a better internet rate ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Molly M, Assistant General Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Frank and Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your honesty, as we are always looking at ways to provide the best value to our guests. We will certainly keep your comments regarding pricing and products in mind as we continue to strive to offer the best accommodations and amenities to our guests. With that said, when staying during the week, we have an increasing number of corporate preferred rates that include internet which we would be more than happy to discuss with you and if your business is currently not represented our sales managers are eager to look at opportunities for you to save. We also offer complimentary internet on Fridays and Saturdays if you will be traveling on weekends.

Please feel free to contact me directly if we may assist you in any way at this time.

Swindon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights and then a further night a few days later using this as my base to see the city of Chicago and also the Illinois Railway Museum.

Check in was fast and efficent.

You really do only know how professionally well run a property is when something goes wrong. Well at around 2.00am the fire alarm went off, it worked with both lights flashing and sirens blazing, no one could possibly sleep through. By the time I'd exited the 7th floor into the car park the local emergency services were already on site, fire, paramedic and police. Clearly the first priority of the staff was to work with the emergency services; it turned out to be something above the bar/kitchen. After about 30 minutes a member of staff came out and started distributing chairs and water, plus providing guests an update of the situation. Very soon after we were told we could return to our rooms, however, there was a option if anyone wanted relocating to another hotel that could be arranged. This I thought was especially good as some people may be concerned and worry about being in the hotel for the remainder of the night. Having been evacuated several times over the years this is the first time I've heard this offer made, well done Marriott at the Chicago Northwest.

Upon waking in the morning there was a letter under the door from the manager apologising for the events of the night before and offering a free breakfast or Starbucks. I thought this was very proactive and demonstrated to me a professionally run, customer focused establishment. However, not only did guests receive a letter but on entering the lobby there were two members of staff apologising verbally and making the same offer.

The hotel is located in a very safe area and although it has an on site resturant there are a number of others and shops etc. at what was called The Arboretum within about a mile or so's drive onto West Higgins Road. This hotel has reasonable rates when comparing to those in, or very close, to the city and they have free car parking in a large car park.

The rooms are the usual Marriott standard and are kept spotlessly clean.

As I said I used it as my base to visit Chicago, although about 40 miles about it was an easy drive at the weekend and I was able to get in early and park at the Alder Planetarium. I chose to walk to the city centre along Shoreline drive but there is a bus option available.

Very close, within 5 miles, by are several park and ride metra railway stations that go into Chicago if you don't want to drive.

My second place to visit was the Illinois Railway Museum in Union and this was only 25 minutes drive so this property was just right for me.

I would most certainly recommend this property for its location and the way the staff demonstrated how well run it is because you only know that when something out of the ordinary happens. Well done and thanks to all those at the Chicago Northwest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Molly M, Assistant General Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Pointscollector,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay at the Chicago Marriott Northwest. Such an unforeseen circumstance can be quite frustrating to deal with while traveling, so thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter. I am glad we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction and our accommodations met your needs. Please feel free to contact me if there is any way we may make a future stay a more comfortable or enjoyable one.

Delighted to serve,

Molly Matelski
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Marriott and had superb service and one of the best rooms we have ever had. The staff was all friendly and ready to please. They could not do enough for us. The room was impeccably clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. We could not have had a better experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wolfgang37,

I am thrilled to read that you had such a positive experience at our hotel. Your response is how we hope every guest feels, so thank you for the feedback; I have shared it with the team. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future and hope we can further exceed your expectations!

At your service,

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very comfortable place to stay in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. Plenty of restaurants nearby and the area around the hotel is very clean and very safe. If you prefer suburban settings more than the heart of downtown, this is a good place for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Molly M, Assistant General Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Shane,

Thank you for filling out a review, I am happy to learn you had a nice and comfortable stay (I love our beds too!). With that said, I noticed you rated our hotel a 4 in a number of categories. As we are always striving for perfection and want each and every guest to leave feeling they had an exceptional experience at our property, if you would like to discuss your visit further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Molly Matelski
Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates
La Quinta Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest

Been to Chicago Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!