“High Prices”

Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High Prices”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

If you bring your family keep in mind the prices are too high and the food is average so it's not even worth it. Try Wildberry by woodfield mall it's so much better and reasonable prices.

North Dakota
“Very good experience.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This spot was a nice treat after staying up until 5am hanging out with friends like we were in college again. After a few hours of sleep, we met here around noon and we had just missed the Sunday morning rush. We only had to wait a few minutes for a spacious booth for the 5 of us.

This place was bright had a really nice buzz about it. I was surprised, because it's in a strip mall. The employees were friendly and helped each other out. Our server, Anthony, was helpful and easy on the eyes, with this Chicago-Italian tough guy accent thing going on. He was patient as well all decided what we wanted. The menu is broad but we all were in the mood for breakfast food, so we didn't peruse the rest of the menu.

I was impressed that the menu had a few different types of Benedicts and even had Dutch Baby on the menu. Nice. Our table ordered omelets, a Benedict, pumpkin pancakes and biscuits and gravy. My order specifically was a huge fluffy veggie omelet, hash browns and 2 pumpkin pancakes and it was around $10 plus tax. I barely ate half of it. I was not impressed with the pumpkin pancakes, they were dry and had cinnamon and sugar on top - I prefer them plain, but I loved the omelet. Two people can easily share one omelet.

Anthony was on it with coffee refills and brought out ketchup and jelly in small ceramic ramekins - I like that much better than the to-go packets. It likely saves them money by reusing the ramekins and there's less garbage waste too.

I saw other tables get their food and the salads looked great, the table next to us had a great looking fruit plate and the woman had a club sandwich. All looked fresh and crisp. I'd love to go there for lunch sometime.

All in all, I felt this was a great traditional diner and it would be worth the wait on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never leave hungry!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Never miss an opportunity to visit this fabulous dining spot! Outstanding breakfast items, salads, wraps, baked breads, crepes, and now I am dreaming of pumpkin pancakes......

Visited September 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“Best breakfast”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The best breakfast restaurant In the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Bacon, waffles and pancakes are great. I have tried many items on and have never been disappointed. The service is always good. For a special waitress, ask for Ronda. The owner always checks at each table to make sure all is well.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Pancakes and more”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Often we stop somewhere for breakfast after church - today we stopped at a place with lots of cars in front. The inside was warm and friendly - I liked the apples on the wall but my wife like the open seating and atmosphere. We came for breakfast at 10:15 and waitied in line - to us another good sign, The food was hot and the service very enjoyable. The line at the door continued through our entire meal but everything moved quickly and the coffee was very very god.

• Visited March 2013