“It's more than burgers”
Review of Assembly

Assembly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sit back and enjoy top-notch beer, catch the game on one of our 14 televisions, or grab a scrumptious bite to eat. An award winning restaurant for ribs and burgers, we always have daily specials for lunch and dinner. Our mouth-watering burgers are made from fresh ground beef, and it's estimated that over 2,500,000 burgers have been sold since opening!
Reviewed 11 April 2014

First visited this restaurant in the late 80s. It always has maintained a significant community presence. The reason is because it's really good! Almost home type cooking in an upscale area just off the toll way which makes it very convenient.
We are sort of semi regulars - once a month or so. Burgers burgers burgers . Read the reviews and yes they are really good! But here's the secret - a lot of other entrees on the menu are really excellent. Perch perch perch. It is some of the BEST I have had in the area and here is the bottom line: If you check to see what Perch costs at your local seafood store and add in the sides you get, you will find that you can't really make it at home for what you pay at The Assembly. REALLY.
That said, service is nice - even if you are not a regular - and the place, while getting old and could use a little "sprucing up", is clean and comfortable.
Deserves five stars with a little work on the dining area.
Gee - Hope they don't hear about my comment on the Perch and RAISE THE PRICE!

There are newer reviews for Assembly

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This is the second time that I have been here, the first was quite a few years ago and it was not real good. Went there in Thursday to see some March Madness and try the burgers once more. One of the guys in our group of four said that he comes here on occasion and really likes the burgers. I had the Bionic burger and I must say it was one of the best burgers I have had in long time. All of us enjoyed the burgers the fries on the other hand are nothing special. The building hasn't changed, ever, except for the video slot games. Not the cleanest place I've been, so dive bar is fitting. Service was excellent. Lots of different beer to choose from. Yes, I would go back.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

You must try the Bionic Burger, Ribs, (especially if you like them to fall of the bones no messy fingers!) and Wings.

Gary T, Owner at Assembly, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bob and Judi. I greatly appreciate the recommendation. See you soon?

Best,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Recently I odered a BBQ Ribs dinner ($26.00 1 slab) The ribs tasted more like pulled pork than ribs.The baked potatoe I ordered must have been baked earlier in the day and rewarmed. Not very tasty. I would not recommend the ribs to anyone,

Gary T, Owner at Assembly, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Hello, Lucy. I'm extremely disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy our ribs. Our ribs won first place at the Arlington Park Rib Fest and they're one of our signature dishes. Needless to say, we take a lot of pride in them and care greatly about how much our guests enjoy them. The same goes for the baked potato. As you may have seen at the bar, all of our food is prepared fresh by the bartenders. I genuinely hope we'll have the chance to serve you again. I want to show you all that we're capable of.

Have a great week,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Sit at the bar for the best, freshest burgers in town. They are prepared in front of you to your exact wants. Great selection of beers. Excellent location to meet the group after work.

Gary T, Owner at Assembly, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

PJ! Thanks so much for the review. I'm really happy to hear you're loving what we do here. We'll keep it up.

Have a great weekend,