“Great little Italian restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amore Mio Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The finest Italian food I've had outside of Italy!(847) 358-5506
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is a great little Italian restaurant in an unassuming location. Hidden in a strp mall between a pizza carry out and a tanning salon, you will find a small casual restaurant. The food is consistently good and the people who own and work there are alway friendly. It is a family business. Nick, the father waits on people and sometimes helps to cook. Antonio, the son, is the chef. Other family members work there too. Nick grows a lot of the vegetables for the meals in his gardens. Every year we wait for the stuffed zucchini blossoms to be on the menu. Yum! Our last visit was as a couple but it is great for families, business meetings, or solo dining.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We called at 8 p.m. for a table of 10. The group was composed of parents, coach, and siblings of four high school boys tennis players. When we arrived the tables were set up in a cozy "room" area of the restaurant. It was a last minute decision at the end of a very long hot day. We could not have been happier with the hospitality, the service, and the food. The calamari and brushcetta appetizers were excellent starters. Everyone raved about their entrees. We had chicken parmesan, salmon risotto, pork tenderloin, potato gnocchi and salmon filet for entrees. It was a surprise to find it tucked in a strip mall next to a grocery store. The interior was very warmly decorated. From inside you have no idea you're in a strip mall. I would highly recommend giving Amore Mio a try. I know I'm bringing my husband back....soon! Thanks so much for your warm hospitality, Nick!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We passed this restaurant over and over again. Afraid to try it as it had changed hands several times. We won't be passing it anymore when looking for Italian food. This is a friendly and comfortable restaurant and the food is great.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was looking for a new place in the area and stumbled on Amore Mio on the internet. It was a surprise to find it in a strip mall (i didn't read that far in the reviews). We loved our food and pleased with our "find". The complimentary bruschetta was delicious, both our salads were great but mine was better (Nicolino Salad). I had the tilapia and my colleague had the salmon - both awesome. The chocolate souffle was good but the burnt caramel ice cream was even better. I hope i have an occasion to go back to the area as I will return to Amore Mio if I get a chance.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Don't let the strip shopping mall location confuse you. This is a fantastic restaurant. Food was served hot, with fresh ingredients and very timely. Service was great, the atmosphere is very warm given it's location in a square box retail strip mall, they've done a nice job separating the eating areas to make you feel you have a private dining area. I had the linguine, shrimp, mussels and clams. The mussels were the best I've had anywhere away from an ocean. My date had a calamari steak which also was delicious. I highly recommend going, wish it were closer to where I live!